Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced their radio screen going blank when connecting iPhone and activating CarPlay?
Not sure if this issue has already been discussed - since the site has been changed I cannot figure out how to search the various forums.
My 2019 Kona has an intermittent problem with the radio screen - there are times when I plug in my iPhone and try to connect to CarPlay, the screen goes blank and remains that way, until I shutoff the vehicle and restart.

The dealership cannot duplicate the problem. They have ruled out the Apple cord as the culprit and we’ve done “hard resets” on the iPhone X.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve had this issue in my 2019 Kona SE when these 2 items are in play.

I plug in my iPhone via lightning cable and Waze is already running

Then place the car in reverse before Carplay is pressed and Waze has a chance to come on the Kona screen.

im just a little more patient now. Like a pilot going through a check list before take off ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed this once, two days ago. disconnecting and reconnecting fixed it. Several times i have connected the Kona to my Iphone 7 and the carplay icon does not appear. sometimes i disconnect and reconnect, changed cables from anker to apple to now a right angle cable which is about a foot in length to fit in the pocket above shifter. It happens and then it doesn't happen again for days or weeks. not sure, maybe the connection grids on the lightning cable are wearing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts