Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The fourth-generation, 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe crossover has been presented in South Korea. The Santa Fe is an important product for Hyundai in North America. The company has moved 1.5 million examples of the SUV in the US, making it the best-selling vehicle in Hyundai USA’s 32-year history. Like the Hyundai Kona, the 2019 Santa Fe features its corporate ‘Cascading Grille’, along with an upright and widened stance, LED daytime running lights and LED headlights. Hyundai says the suspension geometry has also been improved for a more comfortable ride, while an optional self-levelling suspension further improves comfort and ensures a comfortable ride with heavy cargo on board, or when towing a trailer.

Three powertrains will be offered with the North American-spec Santa Fe from launch. The base engine is a 2.4-liter four-cylinder GDI making 185 hp, which is joined by an available 2.0-liter turbo four with 232 hp. A CRDi turbodiesel will also be offered, making 200 hp and 320 lb-ft of torque. All engines will be paired with a new eight-speed automatic transmission, which will send power to Hyundai’s HTRAC AWD system. The AWD system can also be configured between Normal, Smart and Sport modes, with Sport sending more torque to the rear wheels than Normal or Smart.

[SOURCE]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pretty interesting that they'll be doing a 3rd row with the diesel version only.

I like the looks overall, though the grille might take a little getting used-to.

BTW, if I posted this in the wrong area - sorry. I'm new here.

Rob

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Just push this ugly rig right off that cliff!
OK, I know, resistance is futile... :)

Eh, it's not as bad as some of the Guppy-swallowers that have come out of Korea and Japan recently...

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's nice enough, same more upright motif of the Kona. I prefer the sportier look of the outgoing shape. But at least that creepy 'king cobra' face of a cluttered center stack is gone on the inside.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Guess I'm in a minority, but I like the new look. It appears to be a natural progression from my 2017. The comparison with the Cherokee doesn't work with me. It's front was just plain bad and nothing worked together on it. Having had a Wrangler at the time, I can see why Jeep purists weren't happy with it.

My biggest issue with the announcement is that I have to choose a diesel in order to get the ultimate version. Sure I will get better mileage, but I would rather see the V6 as an option as well.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I just read new 8 speed transmission, I am just a bit affraid that these new multiple gears trannies won't be reliable.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Jury still out?

I kind of like it however I was not a big fan of the split headlights on the Jeep Cherokee and still feel the same about this configuration. Jeep has dropped the split configuration for 2019 and the new Cherokee looks much much better.The other thing I am not crazy about is the floating tablet like screen. There were a lot of those at the Detroit car show and they look like an after thought to me. I prefer the integrated screen in the dash.
Overall it is quite a change from the current version and I am sure that the new Tuscon will adopt this styling as well.

Let's hope they do not insert any of the 2.4's that are creating many problems for a lot of owners under the major recall issure.

Can't wait to see it in person as well as what colors will be available. This is an area that Hyundai really falls behind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hard to explain, but do you guys see any visibility issues with the recessed headlights/turn signals from other cars driving near by? For instance, the front turn signal lights are under the headlights and are recessed, so other cars might not see it say at an intersection at 90 degrees or if the car is in the next lane? Sorry, hard to explain the scenarios.

Here is a link. When the driver turns the signal on (at :30) lets say I was driving in his left blind spot, I would not see that he is planning to change lanes and I would not have time to react. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/auQGiqmO51c?t=25s

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hard to explain, but do you guys see any visibility issues with the recessed headlights/turn signals from other cars driving near by? For instance, the front turn signal lights are under the headlights and are recessed, so other cars might not see it say at an intersection at 90 degrees or if the car is in the next lane? Sorry, hard to explain the scenarios.

Here is a link. When the driver turns the signal on (at :30) lets say I was driving in his left blind spot, I would not see that he is planning to change lanes and I would not have time to react. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/auQGiqmO51c?t=25s
yeah i know what you mean.... not a fan off the bat re the split headlights sim to the Jeep Cher, signal lights need to be up high, i remember seeing the Kia SUV with the rear turn sigs down low on the bumper, i was shaking my head??? RE this new SF , looks interesting, id have to see it in person and watch reviews before making solid judgement here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have owned many Hyundai(s) in the last 20 years. But because Hyundai forces its customers to buy ultimate kinds of packages to get smart cruise control, we are thinking seriously about going to Toyota that is making safety features such as this pretty much standard. Our family loyalty to Hyundai is really teetering. Smart cruise control and automatic braking are not the only reasons. Other safety features that have been mentioned such as the placement of the turn signals are also a primary concern for me. I do not like the stand up info-tainment that many automakers have gone to. We might get out of the new market all together.

·
Registered
378 Posts
We have owned many Hyundai(s) in the last 20 years. But because Hyundai forces its customers to buy ultimate kinds of packages to get smart cruise control, we are thinking seriously about going to Toyota that is making safety features such as this pretty much standard. Our family loyalty to Hyundai is really teetering. Smart cruise control and automatic braking are not the only reasons. Other safety features that have been mentioned such as the placement of the turn signals are also a primary concern for me. I do not like the stand up info-tainment that many automakers have gone to. We might get out of the new market all together.
Have to agree with you in regards to the safety features. You can buy the bottom of the line Honda 2018 CRV 4WD and it comes with all of the safety features including Advanced cruise, Braking mitigation etc. Why is Hyundai and Kia forcing everyone to the top model to get these features.
Also I like the size of the current SFS. The new SF is going to be larger and the same size as the 2018/19 Kia Sorento! I am not interested in a larger vehicle and the SF is no longer a midsize crossover. I am now looking in the compact class due to the growth of the SF. Toyota and Honda have the right idea by making these available at the entry level as should all of the mfg's.
Looked at the Kia Sportage but it is the same you have to get the top model for the features? Would never buy a Sportage due to the signal lights being placed on the lower bumper? Here in the North when it snows you can't even see them? They must think we all live in Florida! I would have thought with the 2019 and what the competition is doing Hyundai would have made a change here but they missed the boat in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay I read that the Smart Cruise control is going to be included with a battery of safety features called Smart Sense. I also read that Smart Sense will be available on SE models. Would somebody please post as soon as you learn whether or not Smart Sense will be a standalone battery of safety features or if it will only be in a costly Tech Package? Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
New forum member here. I have never owned a Hyundai but I became keenly interested in the promised Santa Fe 2.2 liter diesel for 2019. Two days ago at the Hyundai announcements website I found the official rundown of features at different trim levels. The diesel variation will not offer several desirable amenities. No heads up display. No navigation. No driver's seat memory. A few others. There is no optional tech package listed, you just plain can't have them. This is an enormous disappointment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
New forum member here. I have never owned a Hyundai but I became keenly interested in the promised Santa Fe 2.2 liter diesel for 2019. Two days ago at the Hyundai announcements website I found the official rundown of features at different trim levels. The diesel variation will not offer several desirable amenities. No heads up display. No navigation. No driver's seat memory. A few others. There is no optional tech package listed, you just plain can't have them. This is an enormous disappointment.
What website exactly? I don't see any such news on the hyundaiusa.com site in the News section. Are you in a different country?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts.

Go to www . hyundainews . com and pull down the Models menu. From there you can go to 2019 Santa Fe and eventually to downloadable Specifications and Features (separately)

(I had to do URL that way because I am a new forum member and blocked from embedding links)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts