Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago, I purchased a new 2019 Tucson SEL Trim and it came with the normal safety warnings. But my question is about the Blindside Detection? This is not my first car with BSD and notice some major issues/flaws, so I am wondering is this by design or a flaw defect.

As I have to compare this to my other vehicle, If I am passing or alongside another vehicle, left or right side, the illumination in the mirror lights up telling me a car is close by me. If I then put my turn signal on as to change lanes it will then beep to alert me. I notice hardly any illumination on my Tuscon mirrors unless the car is truly almost beside me, let along if I try to put my turn single on as to change lanes. I consider this a major safety flaw in this car as in my other car, I only have to look as far as my mirror to know if another car is close to mine. I have the same issue if I am passing in the left lane it never lights up or rarely as I am passing. Lets say I think I am past the car and want to move back over.

Have others noticed this behavior? Is that how this is designed to work in the Hyundai Tucson?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I've noticed on ours it varies with the other speed at times. If they are moving a lot faster than I am, seems the sensor misses it. It's the same way if I pass someone a lot faster than they are going. If we are within normal speeds of each other, lights every time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts