Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from my dealer's service department to take my car for an ECM software update. She said it will only take 45 minutes. Anybody aware of this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had mine updated on Saturday. I was told about 45 minutes to and hour. It took about 20.

BTW, I have an '19 VE as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had mine updated on Saturday. I was told about 45 minutes to and hour. It took about 20.

BTW, I have an '19 VE as well.
Do you know what it was for? I don't see a TSB for it. Probably really just an update?

Cool! We just got ours last week and we're liking it

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Had, my 2017 ECM update about 3 months ago. Can update the CAN and BCM's at home connected to my routher but I guess our stupid EPA will only let a dealer update the ECM. Emission requirements so they say.

Ran across mechanics that didn't even know how to switch on a computer.

Didn't notice anything different with the update and nothing in writing what it was for, but the coffee and doughnuts were free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had, my 2017 ECM update about 3 months ago. Can update the CAN and BCM's at home connected to my routher but I guess our stupid EPA will only let a dealer update the ECM. Emission requirements so they say.

Didn't notice anything different with the update and nothing in writing what it was for, but the coffee and doughnuts were free.
Hahahaha! Ok, good to know the drive characteristics appear unchanged. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts

How exactly do you update your BCM and and CAN at home?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts