Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to dig up my sales paperwork and warranty info to see if I'm protected in anyway but obv check in with you guys as well.

I've had a demo model I purchased for about a month. The trunk panel (by the rear license plate) has a number of tiny rust dots. It's def rust as I can't wipe it off.

When I run my finger over the affected areas, the dots are so small it's smooth to the touch, so I can't tell if it's a deep gash in the clear coat or paint.

Anyone else notice anything similar?

I'm having PTSD from the old Mazda's......

·
Registered
184 Posts
The trunk panel (by the rear license plate) has a number of tiny rust dots. It's def rust as I can't wipe it off.

When I run my finger over the affected areas, the dots are so small it's smooth to the touch, so I can't tell if it's a deep gash in the clear coat or paint.

Anyone else notice anything similar?
It’s not likely rust but road contaminates. I own a number of white cars, and an suv, and they all seem to have these spots appear mostly on the back hatch. A little wax/cleaner takes them off.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
449 Posts
Try hard rubbing with car wax, that should remove them, unless they are really rust.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It’s not likely rust but road contaminates. I own a number of white cars, and an suv, and they all seem to have these spots appear mostly on the back hatch. A little wax/cleaner takes them off.
Agree 100%. I have the same spots on my SF 2013. A clay bar works too

J

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Possibly rail dust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts