Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
Merry Christmas from Hyundai... 2018's are listed.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/tucson/index.aspx
2018's are in the showroom! I was having my oil changed yesterday and there was a Santa Fe Sport and an Elantra GT (the right colour, the right equipment...) on the floor, along with an untouched 2016 Veloster, and a Tucson on the lot, but I think it was demo only.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm confident that I didn't miss anything by not waiting for the 2018's... 2017 SE Plus and 2018 SEL Plus are pretty much exactly the same.. with the exception of 3 years of bluelink versus a 3 month trial... oh well.

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
In Canada you get BlueLink for five years. It's only available on the 2.0 Luxury and 1.6 Ultimate trim levels.
Hmmm...I rather like the 5-year longer warranty, myself! ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
The H powertrain warranty is 5 yr / 100,000 km (62,xxx miles)???
That is a ginomous downgrade vs the USA standard P-T warranty.
What is the rationale? Cold/snow is bad for body and paint but power train?
I am curious.

Also I seem to see a large % of Canadians members on this site, is there a reason?

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
The H powertrain warranty is 5 yr / 100,000 km (62,xxx miles)???
That is a ginomous downgrade vs the USA standard P-T warranty.
What is the rationale? Cold/snow is bad for body and paint but power train?
I am curious.

Also I seem to see a large % of Canadians members on this site, is there a reason?

They like it here...;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Good thing I prefer Android

I hate this thread :crying2:

For us the Caribbean/Latin America market 2018s have been here a couple months. For what I paid in 2016 for one of the first base 2017 FWDs in Ara Blue I could have gotten the mid trim AWD 2018 this year, with 'Hyundai Carplay' (basically Apple Carplay) plus quite a few more tech trimmings.
Bright side - it's not Android auto. If that had been the case I might just have harmed myself.

And apparently the 1.6T/DCT is also on the way next year - I'll definitely be testing that out as this old MT driver is very curious :nerd:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hate this thread :crying2:

For us the Caribbean/Latin America market 2018s have been here a couple months. For what I paid in 2016 for one of the first base 2017 FWDs in Ara Blue I could have gotten the mid trim AWD 2018 this year, with 'Hyundai Carplay' (basically Apple Carplay) plus quite a few more tech trimmings.

Bright side - it's not Android auto. If that had been the case I might just have harmed myself.

And apparently the 1.6T/DCT is also on the way next year - I'll definitely be testing that out as this old MT driver is very curious :nerd:

Other than blue link no difference in the us market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I will be curious to hear how the 1.6 DCT drives (bucking, confusion at throttle tip in...etc).

I am still shocked that Hyundai still does not put auto down/up at the drivers panel for all four windows. I am disappointed they are still clutching to BlueLink and wish that remote start was RF like most vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts