Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum but I don't see another sub forum for newer vehicles.
So I bought a 2018 Hyundai Tucson SEL plus one week ago… Ever since the day I got it I have had horrible back pain both in my lower and upper back. It is almost unbearable while driving even for 5 minutes and persists for hours even after getting out of the car. I have tried every adjustment possible… I have leather power seats with lumbar support and have tried the seat, lumbar support and steering wheel in every imaginable configuration and nothing helps. I put a gel cushion on the seat and that helped my lower back a fair amount but my upper back is still on fire. The seat is so hard! Could it be something wrong with my particular seat? Or do these seats just completely suck? I have never had any problems in any other vehicle I’ve ever owned, rented, or driven in… And I don’t have any back or neck issues otherwise. I'm really not sure what to do at this point... I was so excited to get a new car and now when I think about driving I just get a sense of dread. Love everything else about the vehicle...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I have a base unit with no power seats. After 1 year, car is still great and I don't have issues with seat comfort whatsoever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I commute 60 miles to work so after driving it the last week my back is just shot and is pretty much hurting all day... I wonder if there are any options for changing out the seat....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi We just upgraded from a 2009 Tucson with seats that sucked . And we now have a 2018 Tucson with the Leather Adjustable Seats and love them , a 100% better than our 2009 .

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Comfort is a very personal issue.
Please direct all future post(s) to the thread: 2017 Limited Tucson - Uncomfortable Seat

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I suggest finding the position that seems best and natural and leaving it there for a couple of weeks. Your back may adjust. Every time I get a new vehicle I go through this process. My back is not the greatest but is adjusted to and very comfy in my leather seats. And also it may be a good time to see a chiropractor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts