Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted front parking sensors, either Retro or using the on-board circuitry etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK,
Has anyone fitted their own front parking sensors to the front of a Tucson.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,312 Posts
I guess not since nobody replied to your original post.

I've installed a few sets of aftermarket sensors, but not to a Tucson. Is there anything I might be able to help you with?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

Basically some manufacturers have all the wiring in the harness ready for use although all the gadgets may not be used according to model level. If this is so, could I fit the sensors and connect to the harness.

Or if I purchased a aftermarket sensor kit, if when installing would this effect the Computer/CAN-BUS system or wiring.

As I only want an audible sensor kit, any suggestions ?

thanks again

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I did it, but I didn't finish it yet as I am doing oem setup...It is easy, but time consuming....

·
Registered
15,312 Posts
Or if I purchased a aftermarket sensor kit, if when installing would this effect the Computer/CAN-BUS system or wiring.
No, an aftermarket sensor kit won't effect the computer/CAN-BUS.

Hyundikid said:
As I only want an audible sensor kit, any suggestions ?
In that case an aftermarket kit is all you need. It would be daft to spend a tonne of money for a fancy OEM system when you can buy an aftermarket kit with a beeper for less than £30.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

Will into it more before deciding which way to go.

Seen one where the sensors are built into a backing plate for the Number/License Plate.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
usually it takes aprox 30mins to install any type of aftermarket sensors kit.You can get any of these off aliexpress for about $10 or even less. Having plate frame with sensors are not really good investment, as you must locate your sensor properly on the bumper instead of having them in quite short distance between each other, so it will not working properly. There is also a electromagnetic kit available from few suppliers doesn't require any drilling, I kinda like that, however if you are in the electrical field around some station/factory etc...that stuff won't work well. I also do not like any BT/wireless kits as their signals can be blocked easily.

·
Registered
15,312 Posts
usually it takes aprox 30mins to install any type of aftermarket sensors kit.
Well, it might take you that long but for the rest of us it usually takes quite a bit longer. I can honestly say I've never managed to install a set of parking sensors in 30mins, and I've probably got a lot more experience doing the job than most folk. Also, I find front sensors take quite a bit longer to install than rear sensors do.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
yes, for front one probably it will might longer as you need to run wires thru the firewall, but running cables isn't a long job...if you need any assistance I can guide you. Another thing is cutting off your bumper, as you must 7 times check the line for proper position before you gonna do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts