Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm new to the forum (but not to Hyundai).

I test drove my buddies Tucson 18 Limited and fell in love. Found a decent deal locally on a limited with 7-speed manual but am wondering about the DCT. I'm not going to read the hype and I've driven a DCT before (non-hyundai).

Is there anything I should be concerned with regarding this vehicle before I go pick it up in the morning?

My plans for this thing is to murder it out totally, swap wheels, and maybe do some cosmetics. I come from GTRs, 1500hp Subarus, etc. This is my "hey I'm 43 years old and need to slow down" vehicle.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I can get a response before the morning lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are aware that the DCT shifts different than a slush box automatic you will be good. I love my DCT.
Figured as much. I tend to not pay too much attention to forums where people are complaining. But wanted to get some insight before I pick up tomorrow. Super excited about this vehicle.

Now the question is, what can I do to it? I was thinking blackout tint, maybe black wheels, grill, etc. Simulating a night edition. I guess I should search the forums :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Very happy with the 1.6T/DCT in ours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gr8 time to buy. No more DCT's in the '19, just the old 2.4 gas guzzler with 6speed. Ours will be classics in 15 years.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I own two 1.6L GDI DCT's from Hyundai (Veloster Turbo/Tucson Night) me & my wife love them both!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own two 1.6L GDI DCT's from Hyundai (Veloster Turbo/Tucson Night) me & my wife love them both!
No doubt, this vehicle is by far the most enjoyable I've ever drove. In fact now that I'm getting better at the DCT, I look for excuses to go driving when before I would sit at home working all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,238 Posts
Both my Tucson and Kona have these and I wouldn't want a conventional transmission.

Just don't use it to hill hold. That is what brakes are for. When I am looking around, I kick it over into manual in 1st gear and the clutches are fully engaged and not slipping. When the traffic clears I merely move the shift lever to automatic and go on my way.

I think all of the complaining had more to do with people who were slipping the clutch just like one would do with a stick shift. Do that enough and one will need a new clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts