Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2018 Tucson in March. It has 6100 miles. I haven't run into curbs or barreled over pot holes. But the vehicle was pulling to the left. Then after a trip, it quit pulling so much to the left. I still have the factory tires on it (which I know are not good).

Could the pulling simply be wear and the need to rotate the crappy dealer tires? Or do Hyundai's go out of alignment easily?

I am having the tires rotates today as it were. But the dealer is telling me that the toe is slightly out of alignment on the front tires.

I live in Denver CO, and have thus far just driven the car to work and back, and errands close to where I live (outside of a 12 hour trip we took a week ago).

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I bought my 2018 Tucson in March. It has 6100 miles. I haven't run into curbs or barreled over pot holes. But the vehicle was pulling to the left. Then after a trip, it quit pulling so much to the left. I still have the factory tires on it (which I know are not good).

Could the pulling simply be wear and the need to rotate the crappy dealer tires? Or do Hyundai's go out of alignment easily?

I am having the tires rotates today as it were. But the dealer is telling me that the toe is slightly out of alignment on the front tires.

I live in Denver CO, and have thus far just driven the car to work and back, and errands close to where I live (outside of a 12 hour trip we took a week ago).
Those should be rotated every 5K miles. Shouldn't go out of alignment without a reason. I would decline the alignment.

Reactions: dfurlong

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have the alignment checked better to be safe than sorry. We have a tire business here locally that has lifetime alignment at a cost tho but worth it. At least get checked twice a year unless feeling a pull which could be a tire or tires. They have one fee here also for lifetime rotate and balance. Make sure they rotate tires right rear tires straight forward front tires cross to the rear in other words left front driver side tire will now be on the passenger rear if done correctly. Rotate every oil change at 6000 miles if you push it that far. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My Tucson never had that good "on center" steering feel like my wife's Honda. If air pressures are good and the roads you're testing on are relatively flat and not crowned, I would seek the opinion of an independent shop.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
3 years - no problems with alignment! Also, I would say...keep factory made settings as long as you can, otherwise every year you will do your alignment!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have a 2016 ECO model with over 60k miles on it. Alignment is still perfect, but I have the smaller 225 width tires with very soft sidewalls. I specifically wanted T rated tires for a more cushioned ride.

When I first bought the car, the dealer had the tires pumped up at 40psi, the ride was really harsh and twitchy. You may want to also check your tire pressure(easily done on dash menu) and lower them to the listed specification on the door sill.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer in Germany seems to check and reset the front toe at each service. It has both times comeback with too much front toe-in and started to wear the outer edges of the front tyres. Just easing out the toe on both sides until there is no further wear on the outer edges provides a much better steering feel and self-centering. The actual alignment does not seem to change on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts