Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my black anodized Loden Eagle from Korean Auto Imports yesterday which was slated to replace the stock trunk emblem. Today I managed to pull of the stock emblem which was both glued and screwed down, but discovered it was mounted to the hidden trunk switch plate. I was able to remove the assembly so I could bring it inside to clean up the residual glue. Unfortunately, the new emblem won't fit well against the curved base plate, nor will the two screw holes be covered up. Also, the plate is raised so you can still see the point of attachment to the trunk which was previously hidden by the stock emblem. In all, it looks like crap and I will have to find something else that will be compatible. Had I not destroyed it during removal, I probably would have just plasti-dipped the stock badge and put it back. Lesson learned.

For those thinking about doing this, I would recommend to first remove the switch plate from the trunk by removing the 2 10mm bolts on the inside. Then remove the 2 screws hidden under the foam gasket before peeling off the emblem.

IMG_4229.jpg IMG_4233.jpg IMG_4230.jpg IMG_4231.jpg IMG_4232.jpg IMG_4234.jpg IMG_4235.jpg IMG_4236.jpg IMG_4237.jpg

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Was that listed as actually fitting?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was listed as being able to fit and hide the screw holes. clearly this was not correct. I really like the new badge and am working on wrapping the switch plate with carbon fiber which will hopefully make it look better. I'll still be faced with trying to securely attached the badge to the curved surface.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally came up with a solution to the issue of hiding the holes and contours of the stock trunk base plate. I covered it with vinyl "carbon fiber" wrap, then simply attached the wing emblem. The emblem doesn't make 100% contact due to the contours, but hopefully there is enough surface area to keep it stuck. Photos aren't the best because of the weather, but I'll get some better shots in the sun when it comes out. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome and is certainly an improvement over the stock H.

IMG_4300.jpg IMG_4301.jpg IMG_4302.jpg

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
As long as you are happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts