Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a sunroof wind deflector for the 2018? It should be able to withstand going through an automatic car wash with brushes. The little built in stock deflector that I have doesn't do a good job for the wind noise.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You are kidding, right??
Do you go through the car wash with your sunroof open?? That's the only time the wind deflector is up. (Well you can keep it open if you want to take a shower and wash the interior at the same time.)

Again, you're kidding, right??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ctrcbob, the sunroof wind deflectors that I have seen online are not integrated into the sunroof assembly so that they are hidden when the sunroof is closed - they are just always sticking out like a side window visor. If there is one that would be integrated then that would be great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
not sure if Hyundai designed the 2018 the same as my 2017 panoramic, but there is a mesh deflector that pops up when i open the sunroof. works well. i wouldn't consider an additional one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
https://www.carid.com/universal-sunroof-visors/?vehicle=123503

Did not see any Sonata specific only universal, also Weathertech makes them but not specific to Sonata yet only universal fit
Oh. That thing!!!!!

My advice. Don't do it. I speak from experience, not from hearsay. I used them on various cars starting with my 1990 Accord, 1992 Camry, ending with my 1994 T-Bird.

Every one of them left a mark on the paint. Even removing and cleaning every so often does not help. Even waxing the paint after every removal does not help.

Dirt and dust get under the rubber and scratches the paint.

Don't do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that universal style is all I saw. I imagine it does work for wind noise but has downsides like car wash brushes and I hadn't thought of trapping dirt which is absolutely an issue in my windy area.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Oh. That thing!!!!!

My advice. Don't do it. I speak from experience, not from hearsay. I used them on various cars starting with my 1990 Accord, 1992 Camry, ending with my 1994 T-Bird.

Every one of them left a mark on the paint. Even removing and cleaning every so often does not help. Even waxing the paint after every removal does not help.

Dirt and dust get under the rubber and scratches the paint.

Don't do it.
+1 This. For all the reasons given.

Don't do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts