Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Feel free to pick whatever brand model speakers that fit.

There are pretty good fit guides at the online stereo stores.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel free to pick whatever brand model speakers that fit.

There are pretty good fit guides at the online stereo stores.
That's my question. I really don't have much experience with speakers. Any recommendations?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Speakers are like ears... None hear or sound the same

Is there a budget or goal?

adding amp or sub? Or changing headunit?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speakers are like ears... None hear or sound the same

Is there a budget or goal?

adding amp or sub? Or changing headunit?
Well, I've heard that the model with the Infinity system sounds great, so I'd like to get closer to that system. I don't have a budget as of yet. I'm just trying to find out my options and go from there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, I've heard that the model with the Infinity system sounds great, so I'd like to get closer to that system. I don't have a budget as of yet. I'm just trying to find out my options and go from there.
Well the 12-speaker, 640 watt Harmon Infinity system in our 2018 SFS 2.0T Ultimate sounds great (when configured in the settings properly)...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know the speakers that are used on the Infinity system?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
In the Diymobileaudio thread you mentioned a budget. And, that crowd recommended more bass, which is what 5 out of 6 local stereo shops would recommend, usually blindly. I don't care for underwhelming pocket amps. Do you need more volume? What type of music?

You won't make it sound like the bazillion watt/speaker system for <$400. And, even with adjustments, I didn't care for the fancier Infinity sound and would call it just ok.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/foru...55-2018-hyundai-santa-fe-speaker-upgrade.html

So, for your budget:
Rear door upgrade .... Kenwood XR-1800 coaxial <$120 on ebay.
XR-1800 XR-Series 7" Oversized Custom Fit Coaxial Speaker System | eXcelon | Car Entertainment | KENWOOD USA

Front door components
RockfordFosgate T1675-S $200 on Amazon/eBay
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675-s/

And, cover the door skin/panel with some:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK[/ame]

When you increase your budget, get a real amp and subwoofer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the Diymobileaudio thread you mentioned a budget. And, that crowd recommended more bass, which is what 5 out of 6 local stereo shops would recommend, usually blindly. I don't care for underwhelming pocket amps. Do you need more volume? What type of music?

You won't make it sound like the bazillion watt/speaker system for <$400. And, even with adjustments, I didn't care for the fancier Infinity sound and would call it just ok.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/foru...55-2018-hyundai-santa-fe-speaker-upgrade.html

So, for your budget:
Rear door upgrade .... Kenwood XR-1800 coaxial <$120 on ebay.
XR-1800 XR-Series 7" Oversized Custom Fit Coaxial Speaker System | eXcelon | Car Entertainment | KENWOOD USA

Front door components
RockfordFosgate T1675-S $200 on Amazon/eBay
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675-s/

And, cover the door skin/panel with some:
https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK

When you increase your budget, get a real amp and subwoofer.
Does the stock stereo put out enough power so that new speakers would make a difference? Also, do those Kenwoods fit in the rear door?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I'd wager that it would fit... Obviously these are pretty shallow speakers so depth is something you would need to double check. If you measure the available depth with window rolled down, you could have more speaker choices. You might need to trim the door speaker opening a tad but that can be done easily with a sharp knife or Dremel since it's plastic. I've had no problems fitting those Kenwood's, sonys, pioneers...and other common 6.5-7" speakers in Hyundai/Kia doors. Some speakers stick out a little so the inside door panel speaker ring might need a trimming. You can use speaker rings or lowesdept weather seal to seal the speaker to the door panel.

You won't win any decibel contests but I'd wager that there is enough power to cause some ear ringing. It will be plenty loud, but loud enough depends on your ears.

The diyma members can be annoying. They'll have you spending $5k within a few pages of a thread, or ignore the thread completely. They'll recommend equipment no one has used, and recommend fancy niche unheard of brands just to be cool. And, diyma members believe that their way is the only way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd wager that it would fit... Obviously these are pretty shallow speakers so depth is something you would need to double check. If you measure the available depth with window rolled down, you could have more speaker choices. You might need to trim the door speaker opening a tad but that can be done easily with a sharp knife or Dremel since it's plastic. I've had no problems fitting those Kenwood's, sonys, pioneers...and other common 6.5-7" speakers in Hyundai/Kia doors. Some speakers stick out a little so the inside door panel speaker ring might need a trimming. You can use speaker rings or lowesdept weather seal to seal the speaker to the door panel.

You won't win any decibel contests but I'd wager that there is enough power to cause some ear ringing. It will be plenty loud, but loud enough depends on your ears.

The diyma members can be annoying. They'll have you spending $5k within a few pages of a thread, or ignore the thread completely. They'll recommend equipment no one has used, and recommend fancy niche unheard of brands just to be cool. And, diyma members believe that their way is the only way.
The system "as is" is plenty loud. I'd just like to hear more clarity and separation between the frequencies.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
You will hear some clarity and be able to distinguish among instruments/voices... considerably better with quality speakers and a little sound deadening.

Post pictures of your progress and good luck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's been a while, but I just started looking at those speakers. Where would the crossover go?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's been a while since I've looked into this. Other life things got in the way. Now I'm back into looking to upgrade the sound in my Santa Fe. Are there any newer recommendations?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts