Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting but hoping someone can offer some insight or some help with where i can get test pipes for this car other than meghan racing.

I have done so far a muffler delete and a resonator delete. I really want flame map eventually hence me looking for test pipes.

I am going to get a tune in the next couple weeks and i found that the software used for this year sonata is winols and have found a alpha speed location that could tune the oem ecu. Should i wait to get the test pipes and cold air intake installed before the tune or would it not make a difference? Any tips would be super helpful.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,789 Posts
I dont think "test pipes" (down pipes) on your NA 2.4L will make any noticeable power increases. Your engine needs a certain amount of back pressure to make power, an open exhaust only makes more noise. Get a name brand cat back system for the best performance.

If your going to pay for someone to dyno tune your car it would make sense to get all the modifications (intake, exhaust etc) before doing the tune.

There aren't many people that have put much into the 2.4L because you are not going to ever get any meaningful power ( Tq or HP ) out of it. Especially for the money you will spend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
There aren't many people that have put much into the 2.4L because you are not going to ever get any meaningful power ( Tq or HP ) out of it. Especially for the money you will spend.
This. It's your money, do what you want, but the Sonata is a 4-door, 4-cylinder family sedan that will never be a babe magnet or hot rod. I think you would be better off selling it and getting something sportier, like a Veloster, before putting money into a tune, etc.

·
Registered
494 Posts
This. It's your money, do what you want, but the Sonata is a 4-door, 4-cylinder family sedan that will never be a babe magnet or hot rod. I think you would be better off selling it and getting something sportier, like a Veloster, before putting money into a tune, etc.
Like it was said, it’s your money so you can do what you want, but I would at least put that effort towards a 2.0T where you can get more performance gains than the NA 2.4L

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont think "test pipes" (down pipes) on your NA 2.4L will make any noticeable power increases. Your engine needs a certain amount of back pressure to make power, an open exhaust only makes more noise. Get a name brand cat back system for the best performance.

If your going to pay for someone to dyno tune your car it would make sense to get all the modifications (intake, exhaust etc) before doing the tune.

Do you know of any place other than meghan racing that makes test pipes for this car or any place that makes custom fitted ones?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,789 Posts
Do you know of any place other than meghan racing that makes test pipes for this car or any place that makes custom fitted ones?
I dont know of any place that makes any performance parts for the 2.4L.

I know there have been members that have modified some 2.0T parts to use on the 2.4L. The catback exhaust systems for the 2.0T have been installed on the 2.4L by a few members.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts