Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my sonata a few MO this ago. Mileage is around 6800, it is an se with 2.4l 4 banger and 6 spd transmission. When slowing down, as the car reaches around 10mph or so, it sometimes has a very hard downshift, enough that the car jerks as if you tapped the brake with some force. It seems to be as the car shifts from 2 into first. I have not noticed an increase in rpm when it does. It does not do it all the time, and it is hard to duplicate it. I called the dealership about it and they said it is normal but I call bs. Thoughts?

The second issue I have is the drivers window. When lowering or raising the the window, the interior door panel shifts around. I have an appt next week to have it looked at, but had anyone else had this problem?

This is my third Hyundai and I have never had these issues. I am finding it pretty frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
As for the transmission, I have no idea

However in regard to the window, that’s something I’ve seen over the years with a lot of different cars. It’s typically just cosmetic, and in most - if not, all - cases it is a design flaw. Annoying, but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. Definitely worth getting checked out though since the car is new. It could be the regulator too that isn't tightened to spec. My "official" guess is that it’s the retaining bracket that’s either missing or not tightened to factory spec. With Honda/Acura, that bracket bracket bolts onto the interior door frame (the metal frame of the door) and then the door panel screws onto that where the door hand-cup is. Not sure if the same principle applies to Hyundai but I would imagine that it is... I’m not taking my 2015 apart to find out though lmao

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have the same issue with hard downshift. Tech person from dealership told me that without error code this can't be fixed. My car did not generate any codes, so I presume it is a new normal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts