Hyundai Forums banner

2018 Sonata Brake Noise

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  francisxavier.p 
#1 ·
So i've been hearing some random odd sounds coming from my brakes in the 1 month of owning my '18 Sport. It happens randomly (only twice so far)but when it does, it sounds like something is broken. Like a clank or a clunk, it's pretty loud too.

I've been paying attention more closely lately to the brake sound and feel and i was wondering if anyone else's '18 are gripping from a dead stop? Like if you're at a stop light, when you release the brake, are you hearing it disengage the rotors? It's like an "ennhh" sound, but quick. I don't hear it when i'm roll-stopping at a stop sign. I hear it when i'm releasing the brake to go in reverse as well.

#2 ·
I have 2018 Limited With Ultimate with 11k miles on it and don't hear any sound from the breaks. Are you by any chance using Auto Hold option? When I use it, I can hear the mechanism releasing breaks.

#4 ·
yup.. sounds like auto hold to me too, but the strange thing is auto hold should default to off after you turn the car off.

I you are not turning auto hold on, check to see if the dash icon is illuminated.. check to see if the button is stuck.

Then if all else fails, take it to the dealer.

If your trim line does not have auto hold... Never mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.