Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been hearing some random odd sounds coming from my brakes in the 1 month of owning my '18 Sport. It happens randomly (only twice so far)but when it does, it sounds like something is broken. Like a clank or a clunk, it's pretty loud too.

I've been paying attention more closely lately to the brake sound and feel and i was wondering if anyone else's '18 are gripping from a dead stop? Like if you're at a stop light, when you release the brake, are you hearing it disengage the rotors? It's like an "ennhh" sound, but quick. I don't hear it when i'm roll-stopping at a stop sign. I hear it when i'm releasing the brake to go in reverse as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 2018 Limited With Ultimate with 11k miles on it and don't hear any sound from the breaks. Are you by any chance using Auto Hold option? When I use it, I can hear the mechanism releasing breaks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yup.. sounds like auto hold to me too, but the strange thing is auto hold should default to off after you turn the car off.

I you are not turning auto hold on, check to see if the dash icon is illuminated.. check to see if the button is stuck.

Then if all else fails, take it to the dealer.

If your trim line does not have auto hold... Never mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, the Sport doesn't have auto hold. Yea, sucks but i'm going to have to go and deal with the service dept.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was able to figure out on when the Brake sound pops up. You will need to park your car in a descent (where our car tends to move a bit in front after in park). Then while shifting to reverse we should see this lock kind of sound from the brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts