Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm currently dealing with a spun bearing due to oil consumption. I noticed the oil was getting low so I put more oil in...long story short, the engine didn't care and decided it's days were over. Anyway all I've been able to find online are the 2.4l engines for sale and a 1.6 which I'm pretty sure is turbo. Can I swap with either engines? I'm not able to do the work, so hoping some shop can swap it out for me.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Lets back up here.
There's no mention by you of a tow truck ride to your nearest Hyundai dealer...... why is that?
What are you NOT telling us, in regards to your vehicle warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. I’m at the extended warranty part. I know they are going to try and make it out like it’s my fault even though I did all my oil changes on schedule by the book. The only issue is I don’t have all my receipts. Hopefully I can go back to Goodyear and get a print out of all my oil changes. I know they are going to try and get out of it. I have no faith it’ll get paid for just because my luck and people like to scam. I’m not original owner so I had to buy an extended warranty so that possibility is out seeing as I’m at 80k miles. Is the 1.6 interchange or would I have to buy the turbo kit as well? I can’t find a used 2.0l anywhere.

·
Registered
2018 tucson 2.0 AWD, 1992 Volvo 940 turbo, 1998 Volvo S70T5m, 1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0
11 Posts
I'd try hard to fight for the warranty to be put to use. As for your question no. You can't just "swap" a different engine from your factory one in to replace your blown one. You need the same kind that's in your car. Swapping to a completely different engine (especially going from a naturally aspirated to a forced induction) is no easy task and most shops won't even think of undertaking it with the amount of things that need to be changed over, especially in a modern car which very likely has the vehicle's computers VIN coded to the car. Just try and find a replacement engine for yours, or just get yours rebuilt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts