Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We just purchased a new 2018 SE Ultimate without Tech package and have a couple questions.

Does this vehicle come with the HID headlights? I am confused as the way I read the Hyundai website it looks like you have to have the Tech package to get the HID headlights but my sales guy said that this car has HID headlights just not the ones that turn with the steering wheel.

Is there a way to set sport as the default Drive Mode. Right now, every time you start the car, you have to re-select sport mode if that is what you want.

Thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate, and it has HID headlights. However, it also has the Tech Package, which is an additional $2,100.

According to the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe features and specifications, the Tech Package adds smart cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warnings, electronic parking brake with automatic vehicle hold, HID headlights, dynamic bending lights, and high beam assist. My personal opinion is that the total value of most of these things does not approach $2,100; however, the HID headlights are excellent. You just shouldn't have to pay that much to get them.

I think your sales guy deserves a few demerits.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe SE Ultimate, and it has HID headlights. However, it also has the Tech Package, which is an additional $2,100.

According to the 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe features and specifications, the Tech Package adds smart cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warnings, electronic parking brake with automatic vehicle hold, HID headlights, dynamic bending lights, and high beam assist. My personal opinion is that the total value of most of these things does not approach $2,100; however, the HID headlights are excellent. You just shouldn't have to pay that much to get them.

I think your sales guy deserves a few demerits.
Yes the HID headlights are far superior, we had them on our 14 Sport with Tech package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts