Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the top part of the dash, the part drawn on in red, in my 2018 hynundai santafe cdi, does that come off easily or not? or is it part of the entire dashboard?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Look at the two photos I've attached here. Both images point to part #1 as the "main crash pad assembly". Looking at the images, it appears as one entire piece and not broken into several, despite the gaps that appear to separate the entire assembly into multiple parts.

Do you mind if I ask why you're looking to replace it? Severely damaged?

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
249 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm, ok, doesn't look too bad to remove, anyone know how long it would take to remove and replace it and swap all parts over?
top part is damaged and want it fixed up.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I'd allow a day. More involved than you may think. That centre console also may have to come out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah a day is about normal, ive done plenty of other cars but not these. yeah i assume console would need to come out as well.
thanks.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If you get to here, you've gone too far!

My ix35 all because the AC Evap was rotted out. Thinking back I think the cover was ok to get but console came out on mine. Not a job I'd wish on anyone.

Best wishes with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont have to pull the evaporator or heater core out do i to get the main crash panel out?? do we?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts