Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had an oil change yesterday and my headlights were switched from auto to off. I switched them back to auto, and they work fine, but I think the indicator symbol is not working correctly now. Only the parking light symbol is showing, and it’s not changing even when I switch to headlights on. I’m starting to second guess if that’s always how it is, or if the symbol changes when the full headlights (not high beams) come on.
Can anyone confirm or post a picture of their dash at dark while not in park with headlights on auto?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Um, unless the 2018 is different than prior years there is no indicator for the parking lights as far as I know. If that green light is lit the headlamps are on. I have never seen a vehicle from any manufacturer that has two indicators, one for parking and one for headlamps. Some have an indicator for DRLs, but those are mainly on vehicles that use the low beams at 25% as the DRLs.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Duh! I should have been more precise. I meant one indicator only for headlamps / parking lights. All vehicles have indicators of some type for fog lamps as well. Some have an indicator for the DRLs only. Never seen one that has an indicator for parking lights and a second one for the fog lamps. I wonder if the fog lamp indicator is the second one the OP was thinking of?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts