Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried slamming the doors and rear hatch. I checked the switches. Put the switch in OFF mode but it’s still on when driving. It turns off when I exit and lock the doors. What is with this light? Anyone experience the problem?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If the 2018 is like my 2015......Any chance someone hit the switch and turned on the reading lamp function? Press on the lens and see if it turns off......

·
Registered
441 Posts
If the 2018 is like my 2015......Any chance someone hit the switch and turned on the reading lamp function? Press on the lens and see if it turns off......
We have a 2018 and daughter's 2017...and thinking the same thing. There are buttons up top in the front which control the lights.

The owner's manual talks to the light switches individually and shows their settings and locations.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know that if it's turned on manually (by pushing on the lens) it will turn off when you exit and lock the vehicle. I would think that you checked this already by pushing on the light to turn it off but you never know.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Rocket.....Not sure about that. I have found my wife's reading lamps on in her vehicle after dark....Hours after she parked and locked it. 2017 long body....I'll have to try it again to confirm....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rocket.....Not sure about that. I have found my wife's reading lamps on in her vehicle after dark....Hours after she parked and locked it. 2017 long body....I'll have to try it again to confirm....

I noticed it when I got in my car the other day. When I turned on the ignition the overhead light (drivers side) came on. I had to manually turn it off, but it was off when I got in the vehicle. Hence, the computer will time it out and turn it off automatically.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts