Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Waiting to pick up a new 2018 Sonata limited with tech pack and panorama sunroof. We had heard of problems with previous models. However we were told that they were worked out and got a great deal. I think the car was made in may. We had heard of them flying off or cracking. We really enjoyed testing this car... so I am reaching out. Is there any thing we should be concerned about before it is too late? We got the bumper to bumper wrap to 100K.

I have read a few articles which said Hyundai stopped making cars with the Panoramic sunroof, but they still make them this year on the turbo models... and also on a few other models... so...

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the same question although due to those issues I'm currently avoiding the Limited with the Ultimate package. I've done some e-mailing to shop, but I haven't gone in yet to get truly serious - maybe Friday. I'm sure my wife would love the panoramic sunroof, but I've heard about the explosions, the no longer making it, and the creaks and issue's opening/closing/leaking as they age. No first hand experience so just what I've read on forums. I'd love to get it, but sounds a bit risky for someone like me who keeps the vehicles 7-10 years and no garage.

We currently have (and will keep for my son), a 2011 Sonata Limited and no sunroof issues.

Encouragement anyone, to go with the panoramic roof?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
We have a 2014 Santa Fe with the pano roof and have had zero problems with it ! No noises at all!

·
Registered
404 Posts
They're great! Absolutely love mine and have no issues what so ever with it. The recalls were for minor fixes to keep the deflector from coming off as well as for rattling noises, to which just some minor adjustments needed to be done, along with some lube on the seals.

Hyundai took the pano roof away on the initial 2018 models as a way to save cost and slightly lower the msrp. Very happy they've added the pano roof back into the option line up. I don't think I'd ever want to have a vehicle with out a pano roof after having one on this car. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well she is the new owner of a 2018 Sonata Limited with the tech package including a panoramic sun roof. The car is beautiful.
It took at least 45 minutes for the salesman to go through the check list. Worth every minute of it. Now it is my task to read the manuals from page one to the end.

The features could be overwhelming for most people, which is why it is probably best to take the time with the salesman... set it and forget it, until time to make a change.

If only the girl who rear ended her had similar features.

I am still interested in any comments on the Canopy/Panoramic sun roof. Specifically about them AFTER they were brought back in 2018.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What color did you get? My wife wants black with black interior. Black interior is a requirement with 5 dogs, 3 of whom like to go on walks that start as a short drive in the old Hyundai. A lighter interior looks great, but in our house would be grungy after the first walk. I worry that black exterior will show up acid rain spots, but if she wants black she'll get black.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have the panoramic sunroof on both our Hyundai's and they are wonderful. No issues on either the 16 Tuscon or the 17 Santa Fe. Let your passengers sit back and enjoy the view. Congratulations on the new vehicle.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!!

Not really much to be known about them since they JUST came back out again. There may have been some minor modifications or changes to them but until more of them are out it's hard to know what's up with them and if there are any differences. I haven't seen or read anything about them being changed tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts