Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

Does anyone know where I can get a soft copy (pdf) of the 2018 Elantra? I found the GT model but the GL or SE.

G

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you are an owner, register for MyHyundai.com and you will have access to it. If you are not an owner, I don't know where you could get it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are an owner, register for MyHyundai.com and you will have access to it. If you are not an owner, I don't know where you could get it.

The only manuals for the 2018 Elantra available from MyHundai are the quick reference guide and the Blue Link manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
2017 covered all the Elantra models to add to the confusion of what you have, are they printing separate ones now? We purchased our 2017 in June of 2016, did have to wait a bit. Should have a hard copy for now.

Darn things have way too much repeated safety information in them, can't even find what you are looking for. But I gather they have to do this in our sue happy society.

·
Registered
118 Posts
2017 covered all the Elantra models to add to the confusion of what you have, are they printing separate ones now? We purchased our 2017 in June of 2016, did have to wait a bit. Should have a hard copy for now.

Darn things have way too much repeated safety information in them, can't even find what you are looking for. But I gather they have to do this in our sue happy society.

I don't remember seeing the Sport included in the online 17 owner's manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
It was back in the later 80's all domestic auto manufacturers hired a bunch of attorneys, I couldn't even speak to another engineering manager in another department unless an attorney was present.

They also have to read over all the manuals. such details like even specifying the resistance versus temperature of an engine coolant temperature sensor were omitted, did not want to be liable for a warranty.

Sure Hyundai has to do stuff like this to sell vehicles in the land of the free, a possible reason for delays, can't think of any professional that works slower than attorneys. Can spend a full day trying to figure out just one word to use.

Telling it like it was, retired now or just tired.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't remember seeing the Sport included in the online 17 owner's manual.
I have a PDF version stored in iBooks on my iPad, and confirmed it does not include the Sport. As a check, I looked at "Tires and Wheels" on page 8-5, and they do not give specifications for any wheel size above 17".

In fact, in looking at the "Engine" section on page 8-2, the 2.0 is the only engine listed here, meaning this manual doesn't even apply to the Eco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts