Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a 2018 limited ultimate a week ago, the back up camera seems very low quality. The camera in my 2015 Sonata Limited was awesome. Anyone else have image quality issues with this model? Lens is clean, do not see any film on it and it happens no mater the lighting, day or night.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Camera sucks on my 2016, very low dynamic range and resolution. The backup lighting is horrible on the tucson exacerbating the problem.

Until manufacturers switch to a digital interface instead of the antiquated analog input, the resolution is just about as good as it's going to get. You might be able to get a camera with better dynamic range, but the resolution will look horrible on an 8" screen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Camera sucks on my 2016, very low dynamic range and resolution. The backup lighting is horrible on the tucson exacerbating the problem.
Yeah, this is probably the worst I've seen. I may have to look into a swap. The Sonata had a crystal clear image.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Its fine on my 2016 Ultimate day or night. Night is worse of course. My wife has a 2016 Nissan Altima SL...now that camera sucks, especially at night.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
The backup camera on my 2017 Tucson Ultimate sucks as well. It works, but the image quality is very poor, especially at night. I installed brighter LED back up light bulbs which I hoped would help. The image is brighter....but still very grainy.

Camera on my 2016 GMC truck is FAR BETTER. Thought I just got a lemon camera.... now I guess that we all did.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to take a while to get used to this after having what looked like HDTV in the Sonata. Very disappointing. I guess I should have spent more time in reverse during the test drive lol

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.0T
253 Posts
I think the camera in my 2016 looks great great. I get "wow that looks so clear compared to mine" from other people. Especially when comparing it to my wife's 2017 Subaru Forester and my in-laws 2017 Mazda CX-3.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have the service department take a look when I take it in for an oil change in a couple months. According to the salesman (yeah I know lol) it should not be like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Funny you mention the back-up camera since I think the one on my 2017 Tucson Limited AWD is really good quality IMO. We just bought a 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature (top of the line) and the back up camera on the Mazda is MUCH worse than my Tucson. The CX-9 is really nice to drive though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts