Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently purchased a used 2018 Hyundai Sonata Sport with Smart Key. When I press the key fob lock button twice, there is no beep, but the lights do flash, confirming that the doors are locked. I took a look at the engine bay for a missing rubber stopper that may active the horn, but I do not see anything missing or anything obvious. I checked the cluster settings for the locking sound, but I do not see a setting that checks on or off for locking the doors. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2014 Sonata does this same thing. Found on another forum that it could be the hood or trunk switches (the ones that indicate that they are closed securely) out of alignment. The hood switch is super easy to locate, but I’ve not been able to locate the one in the trunk.
Net-net, the issue persists. My car is currently at the dealership getting a new engine installed (recall). I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I may have to call them and see if they’ll look into it for me while they have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2014 Sonata does this same thing. Found on another forum that it could be the hood or trunk switches (the ones that indicate that they are closed securely) out of alignment. The hood switch is super easy to locate, but I’ve not been able to locate the one in the trunk.
Net-net, the issue persists. My car is currently at the dealership getting a new engine installed (recall). I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I may have to call them and see if they’ll look into it for me while they have it.

Where did you find the hood switch on your car, I have the 2015 Sonata, Do I have to remove my front bumper to get to it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the ‘14 the “hood closed” switch is just inside the hood,along the edge, just above the passenger side wheel-well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts