Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I recently purchased a 2018 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 & I connected my phone via Bluetooth. I no longer required this so I deleted the device from the head unit and the phone. They reconnected. I changed the pin on the head unit. I get bombarded with connection requests on my phone. I change the phone name and the pin on the head unit. They reconnect. I reset the head unit and the Bluetooth section, change the phone name and clear all data from the Bluetooth section in android on my galaxy s8. They reconnect. I do not want to reset and wipe my phone only to have them reconnect. What am I missing?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm going to assume you're plugging your device into the USB port of the car. When you do that, it connects with Android Auto and turns your bluetooth back on. Don't reset your phone, you've already done way more than you need to. If you don't want to use Android Auto, use a regular car charger out of the 12v jack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have been using android auto. That's why I wanted to remove Bluetooth connecting. That and the car taking precedence over my Bluetooth headphones. I will try not to connect it to android auto and see if that helps, thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What you can do is, go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone, select the Sonata, and turn off "Call Audio". That way, your calls will not come through the car, only media. But once you connect it to Android Auto, it'll turn Call Audio back on. When i get back to my car, i'll see if there is a way to turn that off.... Ok, i just took a look at the Android Auto app on my phone and there are a bunch of Bluetooth customization options on there. I haven't played around with them yet, but look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts