Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018+ : Gas Mileage 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto

SE w/ 6 speed auto . Tires : 4 new Cooper Evolution winter w/ studs ( 34 >35 ) :

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
The trip computer seems to be consistently 3 to 5 mpg optimistic - which isn't unusual. It would just be nice to have a car for once that accurately reported gas mileage, haha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2019 Accent SE with 6spd manual. Between 1000-1800 miles I've consistently had 41 MPG but the computer claims 44-45 MPG.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I had to go up in size (+1" taller) with my tires on the Gen Coupe to get the speedo accurate. The fuel mileage guesstimate also improved. Usually within 1 mpg of actual now. ODO got worse and is off by 1.056% slow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2019 Accent SE with manual. Approximately 6,000 miles.

The one time I took the time to calculate it, the computer said 45 MPG and I came up with 41.5.

For a while now it's consistently told me 48 for quite a few tanks now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
2019 Accent SE with manual. Approximately 6,000 miles.

The one time I took the time to calculate it, the computer said 45 MPG and I came up with 41.5.

For a while now it's consistently told me 48 for quite a few tanks now.
I’ve been curious to see how the manual would hold up amongst a pool of drivers, given it was rated by the EPA as 1 MPG less in each category than the auto. This beats the 38 MPG I was able to get on a stretch of flat, open interstate cruising at 70 mph along the gulf coast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve been curious to see how the manual would hold up amongst a pool of drivers, given it was rated by the EPA as 1 MPG less in each category than the auto. This beats the 38 MPG I was able to get on a stretch of flat, open interstate cruising at 70 mph along the gulf coast.
I drive the same route 5-6 times a week every week, sometimes with no traffic and sometimes with traffic.

I've never seen below 40 MPG so far and I know that just from how often I fill up vs miles driven. I do 80 miles per day and fill up every 4 days but I've stretched it to 4.5 a few times. It generally takes about 8 gallons.

So 8 to 8.5 gallons to go 360 miles.....I'm not complaining. I've been running the A\C as well.

I do wish it had a 7th gear though.......it tachs a bit high cruising for me but it doesn't seem to mind.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fill #3 on 5/8/19 : Display : 47.6 . Calculated : 43.65 m.p.g.. Display off by 3.95 M.P.G..

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
I drive the same route 5-6 times a week every week, sometimes with no traffic and sometimes with traffic.

I've never seen below 40 MPG so far and I know that just from how often I fill up vs miles driven. I do 80 miles per day and fill up every 4 days but I've stretched it to 4.5 a few times. It generally takes about 8 gallons.

So 8 to 8.5 gallons to go 360 miles.....I'm not complaining. I've been running the A\C as well.

I do wish it had a 7th gear though.......it tachs a bit high cruising for me but it doesn't seem to mind.
Anymore reports on manual gas mileage?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anymore reports on manual gas mileage?
Sorry I didn't see this until now.
I haven't manually checked it, but the computer is reporting 48-49MPG across an entire tank every week. I have to assume in reality I'm not getting less than 45.

I think the EPA rating assumes someone that doesn't know how to drive manual.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't dipped below 40 for last 9 fills since 5/1/19 . Also 3 consecutive tanks of 44+ . There's a difference of 3.61 M.P.G. for calculated ( 44.22 ) and the computer display ( 47.83 ) for the last 3 tanks . Click banner to view gas mileage . .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Here's the last fill of Top Tier VALERO 88 w/E5 @ 1 click of nozzle . Try to use same pump . Calculated : 44 M.P.G.. Display off by 4.3 M.P.G..
IMG_3004.JPG
IMG_3004.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3007.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3010.JPG
Tires set at 35 > 36 P.S.I. and use PENNZOIL Platinum Pure Plus synthetic 5w-20 with the FRAM Ultra synthetic XG9688 oil filter . This is the 6 speed auto .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts