Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 started making an electrical noise when it was turned off. It was on the front, top, under the intake. Sounded like an electrical squeal. Lasted a half a second or so and would stop. Repeated randomly every 5-10 seconds. Anyone else have anything like that? I have video file.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try searching the threads here
Perhaps I am using the wrong terms, but the only thing I could find was for models a couple years old and it did not exactly match what I was hearing as my whining comes as goes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do not know if the Sonata is the same as my 2015 Rav4 which does some emissions purging when parked in the garage after being parked for a while. I hear a small electric motor/air pump running under the car sometimes when I am in the garage. Maybe the Sonata also does some emissions purging.

Frank 2017 Sonata SE

·
Registered
689 Posts
Those threads likely are the same sound you are hearing. People just describe it
differently .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those threads likely are the same sound you are hearing. People just describe it
differently .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Went to the dealership. They said it was the exhaust cvvt solenoid. Perfectly normal and not an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts