Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2018 Elantra Value Edition in January and I'm having an issue with the trunk. It opens on its own at random times without me hitting the key fob. I've come out of work several times to find it wide open. It's been in the shop twice already and they have no idea why this is happening. It goes back in this week again! Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not a problem!
A great feature. Hands-free trunk release. Walk behind the car and it will beep several times (lights also flash) and the trunk pops open.
Terrific when your hands are full. And unlike that OTHER vehicle...you don't need to jiggle your foot under the back bumper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a new 2018 Elantra Value Edition in January and I'm having an issue with the trunk. It opens on its own at random times without me hitting the key fob. I've come out of work several times to find it wide open. It's been in the shop twice already and they have no idea why this is happening. It goes back in this week again! Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
OMG. happens all the time. Very frustrating. Earlier reply says this is a CONVENIENCE FEATURE. Freaking inconvenient when I have to walk around the back of my car to go into my house and half the time gave to go back through the gate because trunk pops when I’m halfway up the back steps. Oy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not a problem!
A great feature. Hands-free trunk release. Walk behind the car and it will beep several times (lights also flash) and the trunk pops open.
Terrific when your hands are full. And unlike that OTHER vehicle...you don't need to jiggle your foot under the back bumper.
Freaking inconvenient. Happens all the time whether I want it to or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts