Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this 2018 for my daughter. I’m the last 2 days she has complained twice about a the brakes. The first thing she said was that when applying the brakes it would not hardly stop. Remind you this car only has less than 3K miles. The second thing she stated it did was when the brakes were applied when the pedal was barely pressed they almost completely locked up as if pressing them hard to avoid a collision. It “locked up” 1 time and the other 2 times she had to push the pedal to the floor to get it to stop. Sound like a bad master cylinder to me, but any ideas here would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yep, I’d take it back to the dealer. The joys of a new car is the warranty. I love working on cars, and I also hate it deeply.

I do like identifying the problem ahead of time. It brings me joy and respect in the service bay. If that dude says it’s messed up, chances are it is. I’m currently 100%.

Master cylinder seems likely.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Sounds like the power brake booster, couple of years ago, Elantra had a recall on these, but thought this was history.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You may be right, but it doesn't matter. I would take it back to the dealer immediately; maybe even have it towed there.
What he said. It doesn't matter why it's doing it. Take it to them and have it fixed under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts