Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 2018 Elantra L last week, so far I'm getting an average of 4.4L/100km for the first 342km, my commute to work is 80% highway 20% city. I was expecting to get 6 to 7 L/100km average so it makes me question how accurate the computer really is. Is 4.4l/100km really possible for this car?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Speed and types on roads can make all the difference. Flat and steady speed = great mileage.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
My understanding is the computer is a little generous. You need to hand calculate which will probably be a little lower. On 70 mile highway trip hilly interstate and hilly country roads getting 48 mpg on computer. It will say over 50 mpg doing 60 on Interstate around the city.

Only happens when I use light throttle and the Eco mode. They may have made improvements for fuel economy since 2017.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The dashboard readout seems to always be optimistic among most car brands.
My Tucson MPG indicator reads about 2 mpg over measured.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The dashboard readout seems to always be optimistic among most car brands.
My Tucson MPG indicator reads about 2 mpg over measured.

Agreed. My '17 Elantra Limited is getting a consistent 37-38mpg (US gal per actual miles driven) in my 22mi commute of 3/4 highway driving. Computer typically reads about 2-3mpg higher than that actual mileage (which is significantly better than US EPA estimate).

·
Registered
174 Posts
My trip computer has been off between 5% and 9%. Around 7% to 5% during the Summer. And around 9% during the Winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts