Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have about 45k on my 2018 Elantra, and it has been great. Recently I notice with the active lane keeping on, the car will hug the left side of the lane, and slowly begin to creep over the left line as it trys to correct itself a little, then creeps a little more left, and the warning sound knows I am on/going over the line, but the lane keeping is not correcting itself enough. It just seems like it wants to drive to close to the left line. It is perfect if I go over either line in beeping at me, so it see's something right.
If I turn the lane keeping off the car drives straight as an arrow. I have also just changed to my summer tires and rims and the problem still exists. I suppose I have to go to the dealer, anyone have any experience with this?

The steering wheel looks perfectly straight but I feel like if it was just a degree to the right the lane keeping would work fine, but the does drive straight without lane keeping on, come to think of it it almost feels like its always pulling just slightly to the left with active lane keeping on and activated(green lane lines)

Thanks,
Cory J

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi all, I have about 45k on my 2018 Elantra, and it has been great. Recently I notice with the active lane keeping on, the car will hug the left side of the lane, and slowly begin to creep over the left line as it trys to correct itself a little, then creeps a little more left, and the warning sound knows I am on/going over the line, but the lane keeping is not correcting itself enough.
Did it always behave this way, or is it a new issue? In any case I would take it to the dealer and have them check it out. There may be a problem with the sensors.

·
Registered
751 Posts
What @Victeknical said. also, make sure your windshield is clean above your rear-view mirror, and make sure any other sensor locations on the front of the vehicle are clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts