Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sounds even more awesome when driving. No idea if lost power, or gained power. Might have lost some low end, since I deleted a lot of back pressure, but can correct later if bothers.

So far though... the sounds. I'm in love with the sounds.

https://youtu.be/ESV2P24Gdyw

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds even more awesome when driving. No idea if lost power, or gained power. Might have lost some low end, since I deleted a lot of back pressure, but can correct later if bothers.

So far though... the sounds. I'm in love with the sounds.

https://youtu.be/ESV2P24Gdyw
Lovely deep growl, sounds amazing!

Just how loud is it exactly? I would love to do the same but muffler deletes are way too loud for my taste, especially with a catless downpipe. Friend had a mustang with both, who managed to royally piss off every single person he came across on the road due to the extremely loud & dirty exhaust fumes.

By the way, it looks to me that the new exhaust system is sitting rather low compared to stock. Perhaps its the angle but I don't think the stock pipes sloped down and joined that close to the road. It's probably perfectly fine but figured I mentioned it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is loud, and I love it. Some people won't like it. Already had a friend say - too loud, but he drives a Prius. :)

About the hang - I think it's just perspective on the camera(s) it is a little closer to the ground than the original though because the pipe(s) are larger, and so are the exhaust tips. Got me thinking though - when I drop the vehicle - might be an issue. If so, we'll have to adjust.

Here's another exhaust video, and then I'll post up another link here in a few of a drive video to get an idea of the sounds:

The car definitely feels faster. I thought maybe I lost some on the low end, but really doesn't feel like it. Also, my normal driving has me passing cars / getting ahead of them more quickly than before the delete. I didn't capture any real world numbers. So, only thing I can say for certain is - sound is much better, more aggressive, and is giving me exactly what I was looking for.

SNAP CRACKLE POP \m/

·
Registered
95 Posts
crunchypoofs Congrats on your new Exhaust. The sounds reminds me back in the 90's with my Accord's Greddy exhaust. But the droning was to much for me... those days are kinda over because of that and loud music killed my hearing. I still love a great sound system though...

Lovely deep growl, sounds amazing!

Just how loud is it exactly? I would love to do the same but muffler deletes are way too loud for my taste, especially with a catless downpipe. Friend had a mustang with both, who managed to royally piss off every single person he came across on the road due to the extremely loud & dirty exhaust fumes.

By the way, it looks to me that the new exhaust system is sitting rather low compared to stock. Perhaps its the angle but I don't think the stock pipes sloped down and joined that close to the road. It's probably perfectly fine but figured I mentioned it.
I was about to say same but crunchypoofs reply on the reason why.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crunchypoofs Congrats on your new Exhaust. The sounds reminds me back in the 90's with my Accord's Greddy exhaust. But the droning was to much for me... those days are kinda over because of that and loud music killed my hearing. I still love a great sound system though...

The drone is definitely manageable by simply shifting more liberally. I like to keep the revs high, though. I'm a three pedal guy, and I like to "drive" the car - not have the car drive me. It's not really loud unless I'm downshifting and/or accelerating, and when that is happening - I really like/want to hear the car. Makes me feel more connected to the experience.

And yeah, went custom. There's a local shop here in my city, and they do great work. We cut the original pipe right after the resonator/cat/sensors, and then again right before the muffler. Removed and replaced with larger pipe, and then Y'd that pipe at/near around where it would have connected back up to the original muffler. From the Y - two 2.5" pipes go to the tips.

If the noise/drone ever gets too bad. I still have the original muffler which can be added back. I could add a performance muffler. I could reduce the tip size. I could reduce the piping size. Lots of options.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The drone is definitely manageable by simply shifting more liberally. I like to keep the revs high, though. I'm a three pedal guy, and I like to "drive" the car - not have the car drive me. It's not really loud unless I'm downshifting and/or accelerating, and when that is happening - I really like/want to hear the car. Makes me feel more connected to the experience.

And yeah, went custom. There's a local shop here in my city, and they do great work. We cut the original pipe right after the resonator/cat/sensors, and then again right before the muffler. Removed and replaced with larger pipe, and then Y'd that pipe at/near around where it would have connected back up to the original muffler. From the Y - two 2.5" pipes go to the tips.

If the noise/drone ever gets too bad. I still have the original muffler which can be added back. I could add a performance muffler. I could reduce the tip size. I could reduce the piping size. Lots of options.
Yes, I know what you mean about being connected to the car. Just like my Super charged BMW, I love to hear the change in gears too. Glad to hear that you like it that all that matters. For me I know driving long distant with the loud and droning got to me. Like I said those days are over for me..guess I am just old now. :wallbash:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yes, I know what you mean about being connected to the car. Just like my Super charged BMW, I love to hear the change in gears too. Glad to hear that you like it that all that matters. For me I know driving long distant with the loud and droning got to me. Like I said those days are over for me..guess I am just old now. :wallbash:

I'm 45. :) midlife crisis, I guess. <-- jokes. If it was midlife crisis - I would have bought something other than a 22K dollar Hyundai hatch.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
Just curious as to why you would go with 5" piping? Thats a bit large for the car. Heck I bet 3" would be fine for flow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm 45. :) midlife crisis, I guess. <-- jokes. If it was midlife crisis - I would have bought something other than a 22K dollar Hyundai hatch.
Oh, Im not as old as I thought, one year younger :grin2: I am at my midlife....I want to get a sport bike or adventure sport but I have 2 little one to worry about first.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's an updated video. A little bit of BBQ flat black paint does wonders.

Wow, what a difference. I think it looks really nice with the paint!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts