Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son just bought a new '18 Sonata base model (SE?). I noticed that the DRL lamps go very dim when the headlights are turned on. The dim light looks very wimpy. Any recommended bulb fixes out there?

Also, does anybody have any comments about the effectiveness of the headlight bulbs? For example, the stock bulbs in my '14 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T were terrible. I upgraded to Sylvania SilverStars. Much better!

Any other constructive thoughts to pass along to my Son, a new '18 base owner?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Any thoughts, gang?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Shoot, these days for the price of some decent high end halogens or PIAA bulbs you can throw in a decent HID kit from Opt7 or similar.

Once you would have paid for the second pair of PIAA or Silverstar / Night Breakers bulbs at about one year (six months sometimes - completely luck of the draw) you have paid for the installation if he can't do it himself. They are already on relays, so that's not an issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sylvania will replace them within the first year. If you complain, outside of the year, they will still mail you the replacements.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really don't care for the warm white of the drls on the 18. I don't feel like it matches the headlights well. I was thinking about at the very least putting led bulbs in the drl, but I'm not sure which bulbs to get for them.

As far as the headlights, I'll probably end up doing silverstars because it's a lease and I don't want to mod it too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts