Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Odie,

Is there anything you like about your car?

I've never seen less than 45MPG from my 2019 Accent and that's calculated mileage, not according to the computer. Of course, mine is a 6spd manual so i decide when I want it to "kick down" but I assume in your case the computer is engine braking to help with control and brake wear.

I had an early 2012 Chevy Sonic with an automatic and it would downshift to engine brake. It would also downshift if you were going down a hill from what I recall.

You've posted about soot in the exhaust pipe and now this and yet no excessive oil consumption and as far as I know, you're happy with your gas mileage. Why all of the concern?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can confirm it does in fact immediately shift down if you release the pedal between 40 and 43 mph. Although it annoys me as well, it's no flaw, just the way the shift logic is programmed. You can lock it into sixth gear like I do by moving the shifter over to the manual position. I keep mine there most of the time when I'm not driving in the city. Can power up most hills no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts