Hyundai Forums banner

2017 Tuscon - Leather seat Bubbling

8K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  HadrianR 
#1 ·
Hi all, looking for feedback on a 4.5 month old Tucson. I currently have a bubble that formed between the seat heater and leather/pleather fabric. Its best described as an bulge or bubble on the seat. Its fairly large.

Anyone else come across this?

Also my dealership has told me the will only replace the leather, and have warned me that it will not look as tight and clean as the factory seat. I am not happy with that resolution and want the seat replaced.

DOP - August 27, 17
5000km

#3 ·
Doubtful your entire seat needs to be replaced, completely agree with the dealer. They'll simply reupholster it, though you should ask them to identify the actual issue since the car is under warranty. Beyond that, I think it'd be educational for you to see what a car seat is made from and how they are assembled.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have what I believe is the same issue. Don't think it will really show in a photo as it isn't really visible from a distance but you can feel it. Noticed it when I was applying leather care. A raised "bubble" in the leather located on the bottom seat cushion. I am 200 miles from a dealer so have not had them look at it yet. Hoping that the longer I sit on the darn thing that it may loosen and go back down ;).

#6 ·
I had some small marks from brand new on drivers seat. They replaced the whole seat as it was new - then noticed similar effect on passenger side. They notified Hyundai and offered leather replacement for the bottom seat and came out perfectly fine. Our seats have cooling and heating function and are fully electric on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
If you remove the original and don't replace the cover it can stretch and not look the same. My Ford dealer farms out their interior work to an automotive upholsterer. They pulled it off three time (to fix something that I ended up fixing myself because they are clueless). By the third time it was stretched enough to sag a bit and I requested a new bottom cover. After a bit of a battle I got it.

It seems that they don't want to attempt the fix and I would find another dealer if possible. Also ask the dealer if they do the cover removal themselves or have a true upholster do it. It takes a skilled person to really be able to pull an existing cover off and reinstall without damaging it or causing issues.

#10 ·
I just had my first year oil and filter change, and had them look at the bulge in the driver and passenger seat (more pronounced on the driver seat - see the pictures). They first tried to play it off as the wallet has pushed into the leather and stretched it but I told them I never have my wallet in the back pants pocket (it's not comfortable while driving and also I generally put it in my coat pocket) so they agreed to schedule another meeting where they'll readjust the upholstery. Later (when the servicing was done) they told me they found a bulletin (TSB I presume) about issues with the leather and not to worry as it is all under warranty.

Now I've checked the back seats as well and while they are not bulged, they also look like the leather is not glued to the cushion. Is that the way leather upholstery is supposed to be?

P.S.: Don't mind the streaks on the driver seat photo, it was actually snowing when I took the picture.

Attachments

#12 ·
I have the same bulge on driver seat. Looks like this model have poor quality. I have both my rear shock replace due to making noise. And there's still some noise coming from back suspension. Creaking noise in trunk too. I'm looking to trade this car in soon for something else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.