Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’ve recently purchased a New 2017 Tuscon SE 1.6T AWD I have the additional package with panoramic. I also have the auto bending lights that move when the steering wheel turns. I don’t believe my headlights are adjusted properly and was wondering if anyone has a similar problem. Both headlights reflect a small darked shaped triangle towards the top of the beam, which in my case seem to project out to the left causing a blind spot. I’ve taken it to the dealership and they’ve only managed to replace the driver side headlight which didn’t address the issue. I’ve posted a picture, please if you have the auto bending lights please confirm with me that this kind of pattern isn’t normal. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
You haven't given your location.
The bending beam lights are separate from the main headlights on EU cars so are they integrated for other destinations?.
The driver's handbook shows the light pattern when the vehicle faces wall so checking that may help. A dealer should be using beam setting equipment and should be able to identify your problem..

The UK tester's manual shows the beam pattern (reverse for left hand drive cars).

http://tinyurl.com/y7267nn3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beejay,

I appreciate you responding to my message. I am located in the US, also I don't see a light pattern anywhere in the manuals that I have. The bending light acts as the main headlight. There is a strip of light which I believe is the daytime running lights, and another bulb I believe acts as the high beam. I tried clicking on the link you provided and for some reason my access was denied. Can you post the picture please? Thank you again.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Beejay,

I appreciate you responding to my message. I am located in the US, also I don't see a light pattern anywhere in the manuals that I have. The bending light acts as the main headlight. There is a strip of light which I believe is the daytime running lights, and another bulb I believe acts as the high beam. I tried clicking on the link you provided and for some reason my access was denied. Can you post the picture please? Thank you again.

If you search " American dipped beam pattern" there are plenty of examples to be found. The European Tuscon (and other Hyundai models) has the US style dipped beam much to the dismay of many UK drivers because, when driving on the right in Europe, we need to mask the dipped beam to avoid dazzling other drivers. The Euro style dipped beam with a well defined kick up is much easier to modify than the US stepped ill-defined flare..

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is normal I believe. I have the same pattern. It doesn't bother me a bit because these are the best headlights I've ever had on any car in my 47 years so....

·
Registered
845 Posts
The pattern in your pictures appears appropriate. In the U. S. (and probably other right-side-of-the-road driving countries), the headlight pattern is supposed to be lower and dimmer on the left hand side of your field of vision, to spare the eyes of oncoming traffic. That is what I see in your pictures, though I may not understand your issue.

Reactions: Dredd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do y’all have the bending headlights? I’d like to see y’alls light pattern for myself if y’all don’t mind. I have never seen headlights like this, or at least not nearly as noticeable. I’m coming from an old Jeep with after market truck lite LEDs. I’ll be honest I absolutely hate these lights and I am really hoping I can adjust them some how. Again please post some of your pictures I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, same pattern though mine is not a bending headlamp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bee Jay
You mentioned I could possibly mod the headlight. Would you happen to know how I could do this? What are y’alls thoughts on having those dark spots cross each other so that the light of one side would overlap the dark spot of the other and vice versa.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Does anyone know if we can change the color/temp. of the hid headlight?
Yes you can, by changing the bulbs. I did that to make the color 6000K

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. I’ve recently purchased a New 2017 Tuscon SE 1.6T AWD I have the additional package with panoramic. I also have the auto bending lights that move when the steering wheel turns. I don’t believe my headlights are adjusted properly and was wondering if anyone has a similar problem. Both headlights reflect a small darked shaped triangle towards the top of the beam, which in my case seem to project out to the left causing a blind spot. I’ve taken it to the dealership and they’ve only managed to replace the driver side headlight which didn’t address the issue. I’ve posted a picture, please if you have the auto bending lights please confirm with me that this kind of pattern isn’t normal. Thank you in advance.
I have a 2018 LE 1.6T with same exact issue with the dark spot on each headlight beam. I don’t recall this dark spot when driving before but a friend of mine pointed it out when driving in the rain. 50 or so feet in front of the vehicle is a 5 ft dark spot which in that dark spot was a deer!! I didn’t see it until it moved into my headlight beam, this really bothered me! I realized I’m not seeing a full projection of light across the highway , even with the fog lights on. You can see the two triangular dark spots (my photo) when 6 ft from a wall.

Those dark spots triple in size and width the farther out they project. Dealer said they are working normally and would get another 2018 Hyundai to compare headlights on a wall. No response from dealer yet! The beam of light should be straight across and not have any dark spots like the ones shown. May contact HyundaiUSA to get a claim set up to have this addressed with lense housing replacement or bulbs replacement on their dime.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bending lights are switched on when the steering wheel is rotated past a certain point to left or right and are not affected by the main headlamp beams.

This is how your dipped beam should appear

The Hyundai driver's handbook shows the dimensions for the beam 1576171459538.png s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bending lights are switched on when the steering wheel is rotated past a certain point to left or right and are not affected by the main headlamp beams.

This is how your dipped beam should appear View attachment 443183

The Hyundai driver's handbook shows the dimensions for the beam View attachment 443183 s.
gotcha.....so what your saying is .... when the vehicle is parked ... lights on , steering wheel not turned, there is supposed to be two dark spots on the top line of the beam running across the top of area in front of the vehicle as shown below?
Wouldn’t the beam be straight line across with no dark spots when parked? This is 8’ from a wall below.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My 2019 Ultimate has the same two spots. I have never noticed any dark or blind spots in front of me on the road though. I've had the car 6 months and work swing, so often driving at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Todd, so your Ultimate has the same spots on the beam. I just don't remember seeing it before with my '18 Ultimate. I most likely will replace the head light bulbs with the Phillips X-Treme Vision Halogen bulbs, not doing that LED kit process. Just want to quickly replace/upgrade the bulbs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts