Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the "don'ts" for DCT users and have driven manuals for many years, in cars and motorcycles.

Can anyone tell me when it makes sense to switch from Drive to "manual" mode? And some nifty techniques? My efforts to improve on Drive have been unsuccessful.

Also, does your Value tell you the gear it is in when in "Drive"? Mine just says "D" all the time. Is there a mode I can select to see the gear selected in Drive?

Ken C

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Drive will only display "D" on dash..

Manual mode will display what gear is selected -- 1 / 2 / 3..........

I think shift pattern is poor program,, you is free to drive in manual mode if you feel it make it more driveable,, you state you driven M/T in car and motorcycles, so feel free the joys of driving in Manual mode and not having a 3rd pedal hang under dash (I rather have 3rd pedal myself, but the society as it has evolved has made for for the lost art of 3 pedal operation and manual gear select --> great anti-theft since kids these days cant drive a M/T car)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I try to use manual mode sometimes when I'm going down a hill. But, it annoys me that it's not really manual. If I am in, say, 3 and slow down a bit the auto-shifts down to 2. I think it should stay in 3. Are all manual-mode auto-shifters like that? I seem to recall that on my Sonata it stayed in the selected gear, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you are in drive, just assume it is the highest possible gear for that speed. Usually sixth for city driving. You can move to manual mode to see what drive selected for that speed and put it back. I use manual mode in the snow and always when climbing hills slowly, especially parking garages. Parking garages are the worst with a DCT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts