Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, but first time poster....

Just picked up a 2017 Tucson Limited with Ultimate Package. With only 450 miles, Ive already encountered the same issues that exist on the 2016.... and a few others I have not seen here. I spoke to Hyundai USA and opened an engineering case. Going to be looked at on Sept 14. They stated that the August Trans Update that 'fixes" the issues may not have been applied to these first 2017s, like mine which was built in June.

Hopefully, they will be able to apply this new fix from August and it will solve the issues of hesitation, no go, interrupted power delivery on the 2 -> 3 shift, etc.

I'll post up the results when I have them for anyone considering the 2017.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I'm shocked they didn't go ahead and do the update before the sale. All sitting on the lot should have been updated as soon as the update was released.

Reactions: conqr and Zurdo

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm shocked they didn't go ahead and do the update before the sale. All sitting on the lot should have been updated as soon as the update was released.
Different rom version, the patch will have to be ported to the new rom. Should not take long.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Different rom version, the patch will have to be ported to the new rom. Should not take long.

Understand what you saying, but it should have been done with the 16's version released since they had 17's were out, or heading out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please let me know if the "fix" works...I have been looking at this SUV as a good inexpensive choice with AWD, but if the transmission is going to have problems, forget it. I'll get the Subaru or Kia.
Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. Hyundai is denying there is an issue and said that I don't know how to drive an automatic transmission. Funny, I could drive GMC, Ford, BMW, Mercedez, Lexus, etc. with no problem. Let me know if you get any resolution to your issue and you if you received the same canned Lemon Law response to your complaint.

Gross negligence on Hyundai's part. Here is hoping that no one gets killed because of these transmission issues.

- Dissatisfied first time Hyundai Owner

·
Registered
941 Posts
Honestly guys... anyone doing their research goes into buying a Hyundai knowing about the possible DCT issues. You buy at your own discretion, but anyone not wanting any problems sticks to the SE/SE Plus trims without the DCT.

Granted, a new car should not have major issues that some of these Hyundai's have, and that needs to be fully resolved.. but you know there might be an issue and buy anyways then get surprised that you encounter an issue... it's your own fault.

Do I want an engine with more HP? Sure.. did I want to possibly experience and have to deal with any DCT issues? No. Bought an SE and an SE Plus to avoid that possibility.

There are many people that don't experience any problems, but I chose not to be a statistic.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Just picked up a 2017 Tucson Limited with Ultimate Package. With only 450 miles, Ive already encountered the same issues that exist on the 2016.... and a few others I have not seen here. I spoke to Hyundai USA and opened an engineering case. Going to be looked at on Sept 14. They stated that the August Trans Update that 'fixes" the issues may not have been applied to these first 2017s, like mine which was built in June.

Hopefully, they will be able to apply this new fix from August and it will solve the issues of hesitation, no go, interrupted power delivery on the 2 -> 3 shift, etc.

If you are a long time lurker I'm surprised you opted to get a Tucson. I would have just stayed away if I saw the #2000+ post regarding the DCT. Plenty of talk about the issue still existing with the 2017 models even after updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have 2 2017 Hyundai Tucson’s and have begun to have this issue with the transmissions. Both cars have a little over 35,000 miles. Was there any resolution to your issue? I believe they both have the dual clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts