Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have thought I noticed this in the past six months I've owned my Tucson, but today I happened to see it as it happened.

Rainy day, wipers on, headlights on via auto setting. My dashlights and gauge lights however were as bright as if they were not lit.

I drive into a short tunnel and stop for a traffic light a few cars ahead. I am looking at my gauges and all of a sudden the lighting dims down like at night. Huh.

About 10 seconds after coming back out into cloudy and rainy light, the gauge lights go back to normal.

At all times my headlights were active via the automatic setting.

This is the first vehicle I've owned where the gauge/dash lights dim apart from the headlights activating.

Just thought I'd pass that interesting tech on.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, there is a separate light sensor or control. I see it all the time in the mornings when I start driving when its still kind of dark...Then when it gets brighter the entertainment system screen changes from night mode to day but headlights are still on. Then when it gets even brighter the headlights turn off.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, opposed to other vehicles, the dash lights (and map night mode) are not tied to the headlights (meaning that if you turn them on manually, the dash does not become dim).
Also I've noticed there's a threshold difference between auto headlights coming on, and dash getting dimmed. There's a sweet spot where the headlights turn on but the dash remains bright. Going darker than that the dash dims as well as the navigation switches to night mode for the map colors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts