Hyundai Forums banner

2017 Tucson Canister Close valve

11K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Millstone 
#1 ·
Hi, I have 2017 Tucson 1.6t l4, I'm searched over more websites to find the Canister close valve to my car but can't find it Please anyone can help me and show me some link from any website to this part until I purchase and order it.

This is my car Canister close valve (CCV)

See less See more
#3 ·
Hahah
I think you not read my post

I say this is my car CCV image

I searched more on eBay, Amazon and more websites can't find this part for my car until order it

I if anyone know or see this product in any website please send me the link until I purchase to my car

Because my CCV have large leak

I searched

#4 ·
Let's try this.....You have a code for a large leak and you have determined it's the vent valve.....What testing did you do to determine it's the vent/close valve?

#6 ·
First off, what is a canister close valve??
The valve near the charcoal canister is a vent valve.
It is normally open. When the ECU want to test the evap system, then it will close the vent valve.
The evap purge valve sits in the engine bay. It is normally closed.
ECU will open the valve when the engine is hungry for fuel ... ie when the car is on the highway.

Don't know what issues you are having???

Check rockauto.com for your make, year and model.

#8 ·
I know exactly what a CCV is - it's what avisitor said above, Hyundai just gives it a different name. That's common for manufactures in different countries to do this (for instance, on an Isuzu I had, the fuel tank pressure sensor was called a vapor pressure solenoid). After looking all over the place I cannot find it available for sale anywhere even checking some suppliers in Korea and the UK. Only the purge valve on the manifold seems to be available in the US aftermarket presently...sometimes it takes several years for the emissions parts to show up in the aftermarket, if they ever do. It may be that the CCV only comes with the canister or it may be that it's only available through Hyundai dealers and won't be found elsewhere. If you can call a dealer they should be able to tell you for sure and also provide part numbers if you want to search the web using those. Have your VIN number handy when you call. If you haven't already, be sure that the wiring and hoses are sound before buying a valve.

#9 ·
Is this post the same issue as the P0445 you mentioned in your other post? If so, the CCV isn't what you want, it's the purge valve in the engine compartment close to the intake manifold. Different part. Those are inexpensive and readily available from OEM or several aftermarket companies.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/thre...-turn-on-only-i-have-p0445-error-code.658047/

Also, you may have more responses if you post in the year-specific Tucson forums instead of this general list at the bottom...fewer people see it I think. Letting people know what country and engine (gas/diesel) helps a lot too.

#10 ·
Is this post the same issue as the P0445 you mentioned in your other post? If so, the CCV isn't what you want, it's the purge valve in the engine compartment close to the intake manifold. Different part. Those are inexpensive and readily available from OEM or several aftermarket companies.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/thre...-turn-on-only-i-have-p0445-error-code.658047/

Also, you may have more responses if you post in the year-specific Tucson forums instead of this general list at the bottom...fewer people see it I think. Letting people know what country and engine (gas/diesel) helps a lot too.
Yes I'm posted before about the p0445 and engine light turned on

After test by smoke machine by mechanician appear only CCV have leak and smoke goes out

Purge valve not have any problem

After more search I found that Hyundai not named as CCV they named this part as Vapor canister air filter and code is 31453-d3500

But my problem is that the code 31453-d3500 only canister (fuel tank air filter) and not contains that part connected by canister close valve connecter (Lever)as appears in this photo below

And in my car leak comes out from lever not air filter

My question is 31453-d3500 also contains Lever part?

What's the whole assembly code for (Air filter + Lever)?

Attachments

#11 ·
I have a P0447 and after checking the purge valve resistance is within spec, my focus is turning to this area (as the code is actually for a vent valve). The service manual (for the Kia Sportage) doesn't mention a CCV, nor does the emissions parts diagrams I can find. Very unhelpful, that is.

I've placed an order for a 31453-D3500 and we'll see what arrives on Tuesday.

#12 ·
The correct part arrived, with solenoid. The two parts separate for installation and removal. However my issue was actually with one wire corroded at the jumper harness that goes between the solenoid and vehicle harness. Since there was no part number for this, I had to disassemble the connector and solder a new wire in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.