Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Tucson started acting up in the past month. The BSD Warning will flash intermittently while driving - no dirt or anything on the car to set this off. Then warning lights on the dash will start lighting up: Parking brake, ABS, Airbag, Traction, AWD, Engine light. Then the speedometer kicks out a bit after. Then the tachometer/temp gauge kicks out.

This recently happened to me on a long drive and died upon arrival to our destination. Had to get it towed to the dealership there and they just called to tell me all I need is a new battery. I want to hope that's all it is, but it seems like a bigger issue especially because none of the warning lights kicked on until about 2-3 hours into the drive.

Has anyone experienced this before, and what ended up being the issue?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Could indeed just be a bad battery. When the one in my Elantra died, it fired up, shut down immediately, and they gave me a full on exterior light show in the garage. I was like WTH......lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wouldn't it be simpler for the layman if the battery indicator was the only one lighting? Maybe flash for a while and stay solid at solid afterwards? Just thinking aloud...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after the battery was replaced, they determined an issue with the vacuum pump. Hopefully that resolves all the issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh hey, that electric vacuum pump recall for possible water intrusion? I think it's on the electrical side so I mean, that would make sense if the pump circuit shorts out. Maybe. I mean, I'd expect it to be fused but maybe it's just relayed from battery positive in the fuse junction block, which would cause all those symptoms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts