Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trunk light has gone out. I previously replaced the factory bulb with a Sylvana ZEVO LED bulb to match the interior lights. That was 2 years ago and now the bulb doesn't work at all. Went to O'Reilly's and picked up another bulb but the trunk light still doesn't work. Flipped the bulb around (just in case) but no change.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would buying a replace trunk/luggage light cassette fix this? This is the only light not working in my car.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
300 Posts
Most likely a fuse, open the fuse box near the steering wheel and replace it. There might even be a spare fuse in there.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts?
I doubt there's a dedicated fuse just for the trunk light, but check your owner's manual for fuse designations.

Make sure you have power to the light socket with test light or DMM. The switch is tripped from inside the latch. You'll need to remove the trunk panel to get access to the switch and test that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switch in trunk that turns the light on and off?
Yea, tried that as well. I'll have to get my head into the fusebox and verify.

Thank you everyone with the suggestions!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just a thought... does it show in the dash that the trunk is open when it’s open?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like a connection is fried(burnt) take out the light and check where it plugs into. It maybe slightly burned from heat where the connection is made. Some LED give off heat at the expense of the brighter whiter light output.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a thought... does it show in the dash that the trunk is open when it’s open?
Yes, the trunk does indicate when it is opened. Still chasing this one down but it is a minor annoyance at this point.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a connection is fried(burnt) take out the light and check where it plugs into. It maybe slightly burned from heat where the connection is made. Some LED give off heat at the expense of the brighter whiter light output.
I thought that as well but the Sylvania ZEVO series was mildly wamr to the touch when I last checked it. Usually the trunk isn't open but for a miinute or two with groceries, luggage, etc. I'll keep digging on it. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts