Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my headlights adjusted by my local dealer, I do like them and will go to them again, but it looked like my headlights were still pointing a bit up. So crazy me decided to adjust them without knowing "jack and [email protected]#t" about doing it right. Well I figured it out one of the 2 bolts with U<-->D (1st pic) for up and down, turning opposite way then the way arrows point (maybe I'm not logical) but I can't figure it what does the 2nd bolt do behind plastic cap (2nd pic) right above HID bulb cover, any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
My Accent came with caps over the horizontal adjusters.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know how to decode numbers that are listed above the headlight? Please see attached pics. I also sent an mail to the manufacturer asking about adjustments, will see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
One adjustment screw adjusts the vertical, up and down orientation of the headlight beam and the other adjusts the horizontal, left to right orientation.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I made the same mistake of readjusting the headlights on my own after I needed my front bumper replaced. My car has been riding crosseyed for 6 months now. I don’t have a vertical wall to line the car up to in order to adjust properly so I’ll probably have the dealer do it when I go for oil next

1 - 6 of 6 Posts