Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2017 hyundia sonata. We purchased it with 44,000 must have been a rental. So now the issue. Seems to stall when let off brake or almost stalls, seems to idle ok but motor shakes. Changed plugs new oil is under warranty but already took it once to shop and no luck. seemed to drive better when ran Lucas in gas. Really don't want to go to dealership but have no choice, any thoughts???

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hello I own a 2017 hyundia sonata. We purchased it with 44,000

Really don't want to go to dealership but have no choice, any thoughts???
You bought it with 44,000................ BUT you dont state how many mile currently and go on to state you have no choice ??

If it under 60,000 mile, it is still Hyundai' problem.. So I dont understand why you dont want to go to dealer and make it their problem,,, unless you want to run around various shops that not familiar with product and spend piles money with them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey. I just bought a 2018 sonata 2.4. It was a pevious rental as well. I bought it at 39,500km on it. I previously owned a manual transmission car and I understand what it feels like when you feel like you are going to stall. Coming to a stop it feels like its going to stall out. At first i thought it only happend in sport mode but it happens in normal and eco but it is also not consistent.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This issue is reported by others, but there is no one solution. It's typically hard to reproduce a swell, which makes reproducing for the dealer all that more fun.

I find the issue happens more for me on dry days where the outside temp is between 60 and 75, but still not sure. :/ I plan to bring it to the dealer when I can get it to happen the most.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So update on the shuddering....it's a program in the transmission that puts car in nuetral if u sit for a minute it puts it in that mode

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,602 Posts
So update on the shuddering....it's a program in the transmission that puts car in neutral if u sit for a minute it puts it in that mode
That is not correct . The 6 sp auto on the 2.4 or 2.0T does not go to neutral on its own when stopped and in drive.

Maybe the Hybrid Sonata does but I doubt it I would think it does what most hybrid and shutts off the engine .

You need to find another dealer or go back and demand it checked and repaired. If it is a rough idle it may be carbon build up and need an intake cleaning. Either way you are under warranty make them repair it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best part is they wouldn't let me leave until I payed 108.00. So I had to call the dealership i bought it from. Hyundia said they have had numerous complaints

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to thank everyone on this site. I did get a second opinion and what do ya know, there's an update for the tcm, and the ecm. Took it to another dealership. Car runs Awsome. Thank I hyundia forums

1 - 14 of 14 Posts