Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably about to buy a 2017 SE and the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of CarPlay. I found the 17 oem touchscreen on ebay, is that something I could just buy and have someone install after the fact? Getting a good deal on the car so I don't want to try to find an upgraded model.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
What the heck, after raising a bunch of kids and laying out outrageous cost for college tuition, had to supply them with a vehicle as well. So treated ourselves to the Limited with all the goodies on it.

After looking at the outrageous prices to add this stuff, about the cheapest way to get it with the vehicle. Besides the radio, has a whole bunch of other vehicle related programming in it, don't even know if you can find this in an aftermarket radio, but if you did, only with a one year warranty, this thing has a five year warranty.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Ha, this sure sounds great on the Infinity Sound system, that electrically heated seat with lumbar was great on my sore back. Had to make a 100 mile trip early this morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the heck, after raising a bunch of kids and laying out outrageous cost for college tuition, had to supply them with a vehicle as well. So treated ourselves to the Limited with all the goodies on it.

After looking at the outrageous prices to add this stuff, about the cheapest way to get it with the vehicle. Besides the radio, has a whole bunch of other vehicle related programming in it, don't even know if you can find this in an aftermarket radio, but if you did, only with a one year warranty, this thing has a five year warranty.
So looking at Ebay I was able to find the OEM screen. Are you saying that I can't just take out the radio I have and put this one in?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know what kind of killer deal you're getting but I just bought the 2018 SE and it comes with CarPlay (laugh all you want, this was a MUST have for me) and like others have said, the vehicle comes with lots of nice extra features. If you're buying the 2017 new, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a similar deal on the 2018. If you're getting one used, then I'm all out of opinions for you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Daughter is happy with hand free calls with her base model Soul, offered to give her one of my Garmins's, turned it down. Happy with a clip on her dash for her iphone, can navigate all over the country with that. And can even find the POI she is interested in.

Ha, our Limited has so many options, takes me a half an hour to decide which one to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what kind of killer deal you're getting but I just bought the 2018 SE and it comes with CarPlay (laugh all you want, this was a MUST have for me) and like others have said, the vehicle comes with lots of nice extra features. If you're buying the 2017 new, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get a similar deal on the 2018. If you're getting one used, then I'm all out of opinions for you.

Good luck!
I'm paying 12k for the SE. Is that fair?

I'm just going to put in a nice sony head unit with carplay. It's a must have for me too.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The standard equipment and options for an SE might be different between the US and Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I ended up buying a 2018 SEL. I am installing an amp and sub next week, and considering replacing the speakers as well. Does anyone know if the stock speakers have paper cones? Would ideally just like to amplify those and save some money but don't want to immediately blow them. The guy doing the install for me told me to ask.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts