Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have 2017 sante Fe sport with excessive oil consumption right at 90,000. There is a class action suit filed in Cal 5-2020. Case No 8:17-CV-00838-JLS-JDE. cover cars from 2011-2019. Sante Fe sports, Sonata, Tucson and Kia Sorento Optima, Sportage for excessive oil consumption. My engine will be replaced July 2020. HOWEVER Hyundai is only offering 12 months or 12,000 miles on the second engine. Really, that doesn't seem fair... If they are so sure this second engine is not going to have the same problem, why not give full warranty on second engine/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have 2017 sante Fe sport with excessive oil consumption right at 90,000. There is a class action suit filed in Cal 5-2020. Case No 8:17-CV-00838-JLS-JDE. cover cars from 2011-2019. Sante Fe sports, Sonata, Tucson and Kia Sorento Optima, Sportage for excessive oil consumption. My engine will be replaced July 2020. HOWEVER Hyundai is only offering 12 months or 12,000 miles on the second engine. Really, that doesn't seem fair... If they are so sure this second engine is not going to have the same problem, why not give full warranty on second engine/
A 2017 with a bad engine...crap. I guess the problem still persists? I thought 2017 on up was supposed to be very reliable.
class action listed Sante Fe sport years2014,15,16,,17,18 and some 2019 models could have this problem.. you can google the Case No above and read it all there

·
Registered
966 Posts
The replacement engine comes with the same warranty as the recalled engine, Lifetime. I had the '11 2.0T Optima engine replaced in December and the dealer told me the same 12/12,000, but as I didn't think that was correct called Kia, their reply, Lifetime, as it must keep the same warranty as the engine it replaced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, when dealing with Hyundai tech he once again told me the 12,000/12 months. New engine will be installed this week. I will ask service mgr. I have contacted Hyundai via email, was told due to covid, may take awhile to respond? I thought people were working from home. Will place calls this week to corporate. Thanks. it seems only fair that motor should have carry same warranty, but that might just be the difference between what Kia is willing to do for their customers, vs Hyundai.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts