Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya’ll,
I’ve been on the fence of a new Tucson or Santa Fe for a few months.
Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a used 2017 Santa Fe Sport AWD at a local dealership.
It had 25,306 miles with 24 months left on the factory warranty of 5/60,000. It’s CPO so the Powertrain is 10/100. This is a fully loaded with every single equipment/tech option with retail of $37.000. I paid $19,000 for it. Did I get a good deal? Thanks!

Do most run a synthetic blend or switch to full synthetc? I’m in Minnesota.

Would anyone have any input on doing the wrap warranty to make b2b 10/100,000? I’ll keep it for at least 6 years+. They offered me a price of $1900 for the wrap with $100 deductible.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. Use 5w-30 full synthetic oil on this engine. Any major brand is good. I use Quaker State. Don't go past 5,000 miles on an oil change. Less if not a lot of highway miles. I have twice bought warranties for cars and never once had to use them. Wish I had the 4K I spent. Never again. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like a decent price. Use 5w-30 full synthetic oil on this engine. Any major brand is good. I use Quaker State. Don't go past 5,000 miles on an oil change. Less if not a lot of highway miles. I have twice bought warranties for cars and never once had to use them. Wish I had the 4K I spent. Never again. And welcome to the forum.
Would you still use synthetic oil if you changed the oil/filter every 1,000 miles?

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
761 Posts
Hey Ya’ll,
I’ve been on the fence of a new Tucson or Santa Fe for a few months.
Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a used 2017 Santa Fe Sport AWD at a local dealership.
It had 25,306 miles with 24 months left on the factory warranty of 5/60,000. It’s CPO so the Powertrain is 10/100. This is a fully loaded with every single equipment/tech option with retail of $37.000. I paid $19,000 for it. Did I get a good deal? Thanks!

Do most run a synthetic blend or switch to full synthetc? I’m in Minnesota.

Would anyone have any input on doing the wrap warranty to make b2b 10/100,000? I’ll keep it for at least 6 years+. They offered me a price of $1900 for the wrap with $100 deductible.

thanks!
The price seems reasonable (look it up via KBB). My 2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate AWD is 3 years old and has about that many miles on it, I think KBB claimed it was "worth" about $22k private party and around $20k trade-in give or take.

Personally I think you got a fair deal, and most of the depreciation is done, so I think you'll be well off given you're going to keep it for 6+ years.

I think the $1,900 for the warranty is a tad high. I'd negotiate it down to about $1,200 if it were me. Is this the actual Hyundai warranty or third-party?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The price seems reasonable (look it up via KBB). My 2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate AWD is 3 years old and has about that many miles on it, I think KBB claimed it was "worth" about $22k private party and around $20k trade-in give or take.

Personally I think you got a fair deal, and most of the depreciation is done, so I think you'll be well off given you're going to keep it for 6+ years.

I think the $1,900 for the warranty is a tad high. I'd negotiate it down to about $1,200 if it were me. Is this the actual Hyundai warranty or third-party?
The KBB recommended CPO Price was $23,500. I negotiated it down to $19,000 due to it sitting on the lot for 89 days.

I plan to keep it for a minimum of 6. I bought my only car 2011 Ford Focus brand new and it’s still running fine. I’m going to sell that to a buddy. I am one to keep vehicles a longtime as I don’t have an urge to get a new one every few years. It was nice not having a car payment for a few years.

it was stickered at $2300 for the warranty. She offered it at their cost of $1900 which is know is a lot of bullshit. I’ve been a sales guy my whole life. She asked what an acceptable price was? I said I’d be willing to pay $1500. She laughed and scoffed at me. She goes our cost is $14XX and employees pay $100 above that. She proceeded to say that price would never happen. I responded with earlier your cost was $1900 and now it’s $14xx. I don’t know what to believe with you. I declined all the additional stuff and she was just rude implying I’ll regret not getting them.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
you have the 10/100 powertrain warranty and it's about to or has become unlimited miles for engine replacement. Why would you dump $1,500 into buying an extended warranty ? I never have and never will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have the 10/100 powertrain warranty and it's about to or has become unlimited miles for engine replacement. Why would you dump $1,500 into buying an extended warranty ? I never have and never will.
I’m not a car guru by any means haha I’m going to learn how to change my oil. I can replace a battery, that’s about it! It would just be for peace of mind with all the computer systems nowadays. A extended warranty has never been needed by a relative.
It’s nice being a CPO and I have 23 months left on the bumper to bumper too. It should all be fine :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Would you still use synthetic oil if you changed the oil/filter every 1,000 miles?
If changing oil every 1,000 miles it wouldn't matter. But going 5k you are subject to fuel dilution with the GDI. It is my understanding that Synthetic will hold up better to dilution than regular non syn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts