Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a CPO 2017 sport 2.0 with 46k miles. Snagged the extended warranty (autoguard) on it for the bumper to bumper and electronics to run till the 10yr/100,000miles powertrain warranty. Their wrap deal as they call it. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if this is necessary (can refund full amount until specific date).

Looking to see what your experiences have been with the vehicle. Don’t see too many recent posts and the vehicle has been out for some years now. Looking to see how it’s fared others over these past years.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
875 Posts
I've got a 2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate AWD. Bought new in Sept. of 2017.

Sun roof motor crapped out a few months after purchase (replaced under warranty) and spark plug went out as well.
I've had my 36k tuneup thingy (new plugs, etc.) since then, but otherwise nothing else has croaked.
Had the "shift shock" issue that was fixed with a TSB reprogramming. Something about the ESC kicking in when not desired and you didn't accelerate like you needed/wanted. But again, that was resolved I want to say within the first year I had the vehicle (towards the end of the year I believe).

Deer hit wipe out front end, all replaced (not all OEM parts though).

Now the only thing going on is I'm getting intermittent AEB temporarily disabled but I think it's because I hit a snow bank trying to get through the driveway (not really a snow bank but the snow was high) and possibly the front radar is out of whack just a milimeter or two.

I've only got like 39k miles on the vehicle (don't drive very much).

My only real complaints (which i knew full well going into this because I test drove multiple vehicles multiple times):
a) Road noise is a little louder compared to others (I attribute this due to the competitor vehicles having acoustic glass)
b) ride isn't quite as smooth (but comparable to others). I attribute that to the 19" wheels (Even the Ford Edges that I test drove felt smoother with smaller 17 and 18" wheels).

I like the vehicle overall. Nice bells and whistles. Lots of "vroom/ooomph" with the Turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate AWD. Bought new in Sept. of 2017.

Sun roof motor crapped out a few months after purchase (replaced under warranty) and spark plug went out as well.
I've had my 36k tuneup thingy (new plugs, etc.) since then, but otherwise nothing else has croaked.
Had the "shift shock" issue that was fixed with a TSB reprogramming. Something about the ESC kicking in when not desired and you didn't accelerate like you needed/wanted. But again, that was resolved I want to say within the first year I had the vehicle (towards the end of the year I believe).

Deer hit wipe out front end, all replaced (not all OEM parts though).

Now the only thing going on is I'm getting intermittent AEB temporarily disabled but I think it's because I hit a snow bank trying to get through the driveway (not really a snow bank but the snow was high) and possibly the front radar is out of whack just a milimeter or two.

I've only got like 39k miles on the vehicle (don't drive very much).

My only real complaints (which i knew full well going into this because I test drove multiple vehicles multiple times):
a) Road noise is a little louder compared to others (I attribute this due to the competitor vehicles having acoustic glass)
b) ride isn't quite as smooth (but comparable to others). I attribute that to the 19" wheels (Even the Ford Edges that I test drove felt smoother with smaller 17 and 18" wheels).

I like the vehicle overall. Nice bells and whistles. Lots of "vroom/ooomph" with the Turbo.
Well for 3 years of ownership that doesn’t seem too bad! Seems all the bells and whistles are holding up nicely which was a concern for getting the warranty. Never had a vehicle so decked out! Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.